X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• بِسْمِ اللّهِ الرَّحْمـَنِ الرَّحِيمِ

بِسْمِ اللّهِ الرَّحْمـَنِ الرَّحِي

Bismi Allahi alrrahmani alrraheemi
    In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

-----------------

I got this text from islamicity quranic memorisation software. Why do they have the l bold/red in: Bismi Allahi alrrahmani alrraheemi?

I thought they were silent???

Or are they bold for that very reason, to indicate that they are silent?

Re: بِسْمِ اللّهِ الرَّحْمـَنِ الرَّحِيمِ

yes must be to indicate silent...
    cos the r is a sun letter so prn that with shadda and keep the lam silent, and the kasra on the end not prn cos its end of sentence.
    they must have jst included them for reference so ppl know the spelling but not to say them
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Not sure if it's just me, but when some reciters are reciting the quran, the red letters seem to make a sound. VERY faint sound, it's almost like a slight hint of an L mixed with the R. or am i just hearing things?

Comment

i think just hearing things? theres no reason for them to pronounce any of the lam... its cancelled out by pronouncing shadda on the ra and thats it :S
        .: Rufaida :.
        .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
        http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
        People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
        but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.
        ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
          i think just hearing things? theres no reason for them to pronounce any of the lam... its cancelled out by pronouncing shadda on the ra and thats it :S
          ok, just making sure :D
          i know there are many many rules in the arabic language, and thought this might be another one...

Comment

Working...
          X