Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Becoming Fluent in Arabic without Travelling Overseas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

So, I read the first lesson and found it pretty easy and straightforward. Although I was already familiar with the Arabic alphabet and what a Fatha was. How much Arabic do you gurantee will be understood after completing all 250 lessons? What level will the student be at and what could they do?
    Learn to read quran first if you dont know how to then focus on arabic language

private teaches are expensive and diff ones have diff methods

better to just study online flexible and easy

if you can go abroad even better as less distractions and youl have more practise as speaking arabic egypt is best for arabic studies

after all 3 medina books youl be able to read basic arabic books not complex ones like ie ibn qayyim books and probably be able to conversate abit

those 3 books arent enough to gain fluency in speaking or reading or grammar/morphology

you have to study arabic for probably couple years if you studied like 5 or 6 hrs a day or maybe 5 to 10 years id you did 2 hours a day to gain fluency and high skill

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    marry an arab
    Rubbish unless she speaks fusha
    also that only teaches you speaking no reading writing spelling or grammar or morphology

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Linkdeutscher Abu julaybeeb Layla_

What do you guys think about hiring a private Arabic tutor?
    A lot of Arabs are happy to exchange their language skills for some English. This can be a very cheap way to learn.

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    So from the pictures I’ve sent, the pink books are the beginners children’s books. As you can see,, they have like two words on a page. If you follow the sequence of the books then it gradually introduces more and more vocabulary and grammar etc. IMO this is the best way to learn

the other books in my pics are children’s story books which are great too for once you have a bit of a foundation. I recommend finding a proper Arabic children’s publisher. The books I hve are from Oxford university press and it’s the Arabic reader series and are highly recommended.

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7F1CE3C4-E7C1-46B5-BDD4-90C40A4027F7.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	12776931

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8B6E7B8B-6423-4187-B255-51CAE330E659.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	411.3 KB
ID:	12776928

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Yes. I’ll show you pics of my kids books to show you what I mean

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied

It’s good for conversational Arabic. You’ll probably be able to pick up quite a bit with a private Arabic tutor but IMO this will be better for conversational Arabic

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied
    marry an arab

Leave a comment:

• AmantuBillahi
    replied

I say this because I was listening to a Christian scholar yesterday mention that he had an Arabic tutor. It seems like a good idea and would probably help speed up the process instead of working through an institute. Although I'm sure it would be pricey esspecially if the lessons are in person.

Leave a comment:

• AmantuBillahi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AmantuBillahi
    replied
    Layla_

Did you mean books like these?

The Watermelon (Arabic children's book)
    The Rainbow Fish (English/Arabic edition)

Leave a comment:

• AmantuBillahi
    replied
    Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
    Ustadh Tim Humble also disagrees with the approach of many institutes, saying that the focus is too heavily on grammar too quickly and that students drop out of courses very quickly. He thinks it’s better to learn by getting children’s books (where the grammar will very gradually be introduced) so that the learner is able to understand children’s books quickly and thus it will motivate them to continue as they can see they are making progress. He also emphasises on learning vocabulary and so on, which institutes won’t really do..
    Are these children's books for learning Arabic or just kids' books in general? Would you have to translate each word yourself to understand what is being said? Also, do you have any recommendations that you could link me directly?

Leave a comment:

• AmantuBillahi
    replied
    Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post

https://archive.org/details/arabicsi...ge/n8/mode/2up

This is the book. It's written by a Christian missionary, just as a heads up. You can skip some of the Bible passages if it bothers you (they're not really necessary).

The lessons; I need to compile them since they're scattered.
    So, I read the first lesson and found it pretty easy and straightforward. Although I was already familiar with the Arabic alphabet and what a Fatha was. How much Arabic do you gurantee will be understood after completing all 250 lessons? What level will the student be at and what could they do?
    Last edited by AmantuBillahi; 04-06-21, 02:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Medina is overated
    its just been publicised because its what medina uni uses

but its not all that
    The first book is fine, the second is fine until it introduces irregular verbs and transforms into an absolute train-wreck. Book 3's key is worth going over once.

All in alll, 6/10 I'd say.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X