Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Min al erhabi

Originally posted by tasnimx View Post
    akal 7aqi - he's "eaten" what's mine/my right. This is a stronger term than akhadtha or taken. What's taken can be returned.

"juthath msattafat" - juthath are dead bodies, msattafat means arranged/in rows.
    and a couple more questions? What is "ateek" a second cheek?

and "attijeh" and " nihayti baadi"

also why does "makilni" have a mem in front if supposed to be akalni?
    ضربني و بكى سبقني و شكى

Comment

Originally posted by sahyooni View Post
      and a couple more questions? What is "ateek" a second cheek?

and "attijeh" and " nihayti baadi"

also why does "makilni" have a mem in front if supposed to be akalni?

Comment

wow, what a good learning tool. if you dont mind a few more:

"zaima" and "3alfadi!" at the beginning?
        zaima is translated "like", but I always heard "zaid" to be 'like' up north? Is this the same word?
        ضربني و بكى سبقني و شكى

Comment

May Allah (swt) reward you, Tasnimx
          @ Sayhooni:
          Tasnimx full translation in English ,http://www.ummah.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2042757&postcount=6
          Why does one have to "have some nerve" to be in the IDF?

While I had the option to choose a desk job like girls, I think I help more as a combat soldier for a number of reasons. On behalf of Israel, without combat soldiers there would be no Israel plain and simple. On behalf of Palestinians, I think it is better they have me as a combat soldier than 99% of others. I know that I treat them with respect and dignity, and I also am able to be friendly with them due to my level of Arabic; much more so than having them struggle in Hebrew, or an uneducated soldier struggling in arabic. As far as thinking that sephardic Jews (Arab-Jews) relating better to the arabs, this is quite untrue. Most of the leftist Israelis come from ashkenazi background. Sephardic Jews for a number of reasons (persecution of their grandparents, more religious, and less wealthy than ashkenazi on average) tend to be more right wing.
          I think DAM appeals more to arab Israelis since arab-israelis are a unique bunch. As you said they are found to be traitors by most of the arab world, and discriminated against in Israel. They are unappreciated by both sides unfortunately.

Okay. Thank you.
          Be good (as an IDF soldier) and stay safe (as an Israeli).:)
          "Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, "Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?"...God said, "I did do something. I made you."" -- Sufi Teaching

Comment

wow, what a good learning tool.
            Why, thank you. I guess.

"zaima" and "3alfadi!" at the beginning?
            zaima is translated "like", but I always heard "zaid" to be 'like' up north? Is this the same word?
            3alfadthi - pointless
            zaima - like is correct. Zaid, as far as I know is just a name, which does not mean like.

Perhaps you heard zai? Both zai-ma and zai mean like. Zaima before a verb, zai before a noun.

miss islamic,

I just read what you wrote above. Good comparison, but I think the argument that Arab Israelis are discriminated against by Arabs is not as true as it used to be. A lot of this has to do with the changes in Arab media. For example, some of al Jazeera's best reporters are Arab Israeli. They know what they're talking about. And people like Azmi Bshara have done a lot to increase understanding as well. Bshara himself is a household name.

That Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza don't listen to Dam seems like a bit of a generalisation. It is surprising considering all the articles/interviews I've ever read on slingshot hiphop invariably refer to the group. They are often described as "inspirational". Probably why they're top of the links list, although I'm not sure they were the first.

Shukran and yes, I figured that out.

Comment

I just saw your english translation, which speaks for itself. Just one more question then, why is generations "ajdadi"? Isnt 'jil' generation?

Also, do you do this also for their new CD? I havesome problems with those songs as well.
              ضربني و بكى سبقني و شكى

Comment

I just saw your english translation, which speaks for itself. Just one more question then, why is generations "ajdadi"? Isnt 'jil' generation?

Also, do you do this also for their new CD? I havesome problems with those songs as well.
                ajdadi = ancestors, as in the translation. Yes, jil is generation.
                And no, I only did the translation for meen irhabi.

Comment

Working...
                X