Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studying Arabic

Salaam alaykum everyone,

I have a question. Is it possible to study the Arabic language while completing a master's degree. I have always wanted to learn the Arabic language, but due to rasing children and studying I never had the time. Now that my children are older and independent I was thinking it is a perfect opportunity. However, I have been thinking of starting a master's program, but I would like to start studying Arabic as well. My understanding is that it is pretty intense and a lot of people do not stick with it. Has anyone studied Arabic while attending University? How difficulty is it? I don't want to start something and give up. It has always been a dream of mine to learn Arabic enough to understand the Quran well without the need of translation. But it has also been a dream of mine to get a master's degree. I will also be working part-time and helping my kids with school and their completion of memorizing Quran. I worry about burning out or giving up.
    Last edited by Anisa35; 25-12-19, 07:00 AM.

Walaikum Assalam

It's really upto you how much time you give to study. If you know how to read and write Arabic then that's a bonus. Also, I don't know if you'll be writing and learning or just learning. Really depends how much effort you put into it. I'm halfway through and I have written each and every word of the course on notebooks. I have four big notebooks filled with lessons and exercises and I've been learning on and off for a few years. You can choose your pace especially if you're doing an offline course. Then you can work at your own speed.

May Allah help you on this journey. It's vital that we learn Arabic to understand the true word of Allah.
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Working...
    X