Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madina Arabic book and lecture club

Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

I've been working through some lectures on the madina Arabic books and was just wondering if I post two or three a week would anyone else be keen to study too. I'm up to book two but am planning on going back to the beginning as my writing is virtually non existent so would be starting from book one. I'm away from my pc for a few days so inshaAllah start sometime next week

Anyone keen?
    Indefinable Kiro @fahkri Al-Mualim
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Fakhri
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

.khayriyyah.
      Last edited by eesa the kiwi; 23-08-19, 11:45 PM. Reason: Only took like 5 attempts to tag smh

Comment

I found the lectures too slow. Going through the books yourself is faster.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
          Using Memrise helps a lot. They have different Arabic books on there. The program teaches you vocabulary in ways that helps to retain what you learned. Maybe you can make a study group on there so the UF members who want to join can use it.
          لا يؤخر الله أمراً إلا لخير
          ولا يحرمك أمراً إلا لخير
          ولا ينزل عليك بلاءً إلا لخير
          فلا تحزن
          فـرب الخير لا يأتي إلا بخير

Comment

I'm interested in this. I stopped somewhere at the end of book 2 if my memory serves me right. I don't mind recapping at a fast pace. I wish to continue on to book 3.

Also, wouldn't it be better if something like a discord server be used for this. The forum is a bit buggy. I haven't been here in a long time. Apologies.
            الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
              I'm interested in this. I stopped somewhere at the end of book 2 if my memory serves me right. I don't mind recapping at a fast pace. I wish to continue on to book 3.

Also, wouldn't it be better if something like a discord server be used for this. The forum is a bit buggy. I haven't been here in a long time. Apologies.
              Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

A discord server is a good idea inshaAllah but I'd probably post the videos here too inshaAllah. Hopefully more people will be interested but even if they aren't I'm still keen

The lectures I have in mind being honest aren't the easiest to listen too but wa lilahil hamd they work. Once I learned present tense verbs it was like a lightbulb went on in my head when I listen to Quran so while this particular speaker can seem a bit boring hes really good wa lilahil hamd for conveying the concepts. I have listened to a couple other speakers covering the course work and while they were more engaging you missed out on a lot so you got to the end of book 1 and it was no where near as good as this guy but I'm open to suggestions if anyone wants to suggest someone else

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                I found the lectures too slow. Going through the books yourself is faster.
                How many people finish doing that though? At least with lectures you play one every couple of days it's easier to make it a habit .I have the books at home and they are unfinished collecting dust

Allahu alim but me personally I find it easier to listen

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

Using Memrise helps a lot. They have different Arabic books on there. The program teaches you vocabulary in ways that helps to retain what you learned. Maybe you can make a study group on there so the UF members who want to join can use it.
                  Does memrise teach fusha? I dont have much knowledge of it

Comment

How many people finish doing that though? At least with lectures you play one every couple of days it's easier to make it a habit .I have the books at home and they are unfinished collecting dust

I agree it's easier to make a habit of watching a video. But with discipline it's possible.¬*

My only obstacle has been lack of time.

Comment

Sure, count me in, In Sha Allaah.¬*

¬*

Comment

Listening and repeating is a recommended, well-tested way of learning a language .. so we agree
                        He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms

Comment

Walaikum Assalam Warehmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

Easa, I was thinking about the LQToronto Madinah Arabic videos. I've only done them and I find the teacher to be thorough and also fun to listen to. Do you have any other tutor in mind? Let me know, Insha Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
                            Walaikum Assalam Warehmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

Easa, I was thinking about the LQToronto Madinah Arabic videos. I've only done them and I find the teacher to be thorough and also fun to listen to. Do you have any other tutor in mind? Let me know, Insha Allah.
                            huwa huma hum

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

huwa huma hum
                              Hahah, you remember the songs? Amazing times.

Comment

Working...
                              X