Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arabic letters pronounciation

Salaam

My son has started learning the arabic letters, His tutor says the letter I Would pronounce as "Baa" should be said as "Beh" same with "thaa" should be "the" and "Dhal" should be "Dhel". Is this the correct way to pronounce these letters? have I been saying them wrong all these years?

Jzk

Wa'alaykumussalam warahmatullah.

How does the tutor pronounce the sixth letter and the ninth? Knowing ​​​the tutor's ethinicity might also help answering that question.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Wa alaykum assalaam

The way the tutor is pronouncing the letters is incorrect. Does she happen to be Arab?
      إن الصلاة تنهى عن الفحشاء والمنكر

Comment

No, It's wrong. She/he is pronouncing it in the coloquial Arabic and that's wrong. When you are teaching Arabic you have to teach the Arabic fusha ( the language of the quran. Where is he learning Arabic?

Comment

Check out this website: https://www.mahdarah.com/. They have several courses for women and children including Arabic conversation practice.

Comment

Tutor sounds north African
            They say you contradicted the sayings of the shuyookh
            And they don't mind contradicting the Furqan

I contradicted the sayings of the shuyookh
            For you have contradicted the one who came with the Qur'an

Comment

Jzk for the replies. It is an online tutor I found through qutor.com. I have tried two tutors now, who both happen to be Egyptian. I did think it sounded differently but thought they might have been pronouncing with tajweed. So as I would say "Dhal", "Zhal", they were both saying "Dhel", "Zhel"

Comment

Sounds like a bad case of imalah.
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Working...
                X