Arabic Alphabet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arabic Alphabet

I welcome you to the second part of the lesson regarding the non-connecting letters of the Arabic alphabet. We move swiftly on to the next 3 letters that we will learn in today's post. And that is the letter dthaal ذ this letter looks like the daal د with the exception of the dot above the letter. And as we said and discussed in some of my past posts the position of the dots and lines can change the letter completely and the sound and may change the word completely as well. Now, the letter dthaal ذ is a non-connecting letter as we said so does it connect to letters that come after it? Kindly answer the question and take some time to really think about it. The answer is, no it can't connect to letters after it. So let's use the example we use in the previous article, we used the letter seen س so lets do that again. If the dthaal ذ comes before the seen س what would it look like? Kindly write it down on a piece of paper and really think about it because unless you practice with me you will never learn arabic alphabet. The answer is as follows; ذ س.

Now, let's say the seen comes before the arabic alphabet letter dthaal what would the correct form look like? The answer is as follows: سذ. As you can see the letter seen as took its modified form but why? Why did the seen change and take its modified form? The dthaal is a non-connecting letter so how did the seen connect to it? The answer is it connected to it because a non-connecting letter only means it can't connect to any letter that comes after it but if the letter that comes before it is a connecting letter than it can connect to it. Is that totally clear now?

It really should be as I explained it 4 times so far. Moving swiftly on, the next non-connecting letter is the letter ر raa and it looks similar to the daal and dthaal except that this letter would go under the line if written on a piece of paper. Now lets practice again with this letter; if the letter raa ر comes before the letter seen س what would it look like? And would the raa connect to the seen? The answer is no, but why? Because as we said the raa is not a connecting letter which means as we said it can't connect to any letter that comes after it. So what would be the correct written form if the raa comes before the seen? The answer is as follows: ر س as you can see its the letter is not connecting to the letter seen.

Now again let's say the letter seen comes before the letter raa this time, would the seen connect to the letter raa? The answer is yes, but why? Because the letter seen is a connector letter and it can connect to any letter that comes after it even if the letter that comes after it is a non-connecting letter like the letter raa. A non-connecting letter only means it can't connect to any letter they comes after it. Now we have 1 final letter to learn of the arabic alphabet non-connecting letters. What is the last letter? Do you know? Try to guess, if you can. I guess you can't because you may be a new Arabic alphabet learner. Its ok I will tell you, its the letter zaa ز and it looks like the raa except it has a dot on the top of it. So again we can see how important the dots make a difference in the position of the letters and the sound they will make as a result because the dot can change the letter completely for example from a raa to a zaa. Now, if the zaa ز comes before the letter seen س what would it look like? Write it on a piece of paper and dot read on until you have done so because if you don't you won't know if you fully understood this lesson. The answer is a follows: ز س the zaa did not connect to the seen, but why? Answer before reading on. The answer is because the letter zaa ز is a non-connector and does not connect to any letter that comes after it. Now, if the seen س comes before the letter zaa ز does it connect to it? Answer the question please! The answer is yes, and why? I am not going to give you the answer because by now you should know as I explained it 5 and 1/2 times, so if your still confused than its best you sign-up to my Arabic alphabet reading and writing course that is online and accepting students for free. You can view lessons free on this channel on Youtube here:
Working...
X