Want to learn an Arabic prayer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to learn an Arabic prayer

Assalaamu Alaikum brothers, I needed help with something. "Moses prayed, "OŽ my Lord, forgive me and my brother, admit us to Your Mercy. For You are the Most Merciful of those who show mercy" - QurŽan 7:151. Now, if I were to change this prayer just a little and pray, "Forgive me and my brother AND MY SISTERS (*in the plural form*), admit us to Your Mercy", how will its Arabic run? Anyone out there with the required knowledge of the Arabic language, please assist me herewith.

Remember that the word "brother" stays in the singular form.

Comment

Do you just want to make a prayer that is like the above ayah? Like your taking the above stay ad inspiration?

in that case
      akhi is singular for men
      Ukhti is singular for female
      akhiwani is plural for men
      ukuwati is plural for female

Comment

Just substitute it for the masculine plural form and add the feminine plural

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
          Do you just want to make a prayer that is like the above ayah? Like your taking the above stay ad inspiration?

in that case
          akhi is singular for men
          Ukhti is singular for female
          akhiwani is plural for men
          ukuwati is plural for female
          Could you please help me with the Arabic because IŽve no knowledge of the knowledge?

For example, "Rabbighfirli, waa li aakhi.... " Here, how would I add "and my sisters"?

And yes, IŽm taking this prayer as an inspiration to come up with one of my own, applicable to my family.

Comment

Originally posted by Ummati09 View Post

Could you please help me with the Arabic because IŽve no knowledge of the knowledge?

For example, "Rabbighfirli, waa li aakhi.... " Here, how would I add "and my sisters"?

And yes, IŽm taking this prayer as an inspiration to come up with one of my own, applicable to my family.
            So you would say rabbighfirli, wa li akhiwani (and my brothers) wa ukuwati (and my sisters)

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

So you would say rabbighfirli, wa li akhiwani (and my brothers) wa ukuwati (and my sisters)

JazaakŽAllah sister. Appreciate this a lot!

Comment

Working...
              X