X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefits of A Good Character: Sheikh Mansour, Sheikh Nayef, Mufti Menk

:salams:

Re: Benefits of A Good Character: Sheikh Mansour, Sheikh Nayef, Mufti Menk

The first time I heard that smiling was a form of charity I was shocked and I didn't know why because it seems like such a simple thing. But a couple months ago I decided to smile more and be nice to people and you would not imagine how much that means to people. Where I live people do not acknoledge people who are "of lower rank". There is this strange heirachy here. People here pretend like these people (cachiers, garbage men, maids, nannies, etc.) are invisible or not even human, they treat them horribly and work them like dogs without giving them anything in return. I find that when you smile at people you are essentially acknoledging their existance. You're not just passing by people like you don't see them. Its shocking how horrible people are, and I live in a muslim country. Its not just the less fortunate people though, I will smile at everyone and even people who look well off get happy and smile back. When you are good to people, they trust and confide in you like what they said in the video. Its so easy to be nice and smile at people, I wish more people did it.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
      Re: Benefits of A Good Character: Sheikh Mansour, Sheikh Nayef, Mufti Menk

The first time I heard that smiling was a form of charity I was shocked and I didn't know why because it seems like such a simple thing. But a couple months ago I decided to smile more and be nice to people and you would not imagine how much that means to people. Where I live people do not acknoledge people who are "of lower rank". There is this strange heirachy here. People here pretend like these people (cachiers, garbage men, maids, nannies, etc.) are invisible or not even human, they treat them horribly and work them like dogs without giving them anything in return. I find that when you smile at people you are essentially acknoledging their existance. You're not just passing by people like you don't see them. Its shocking how horrible people are, and I live in a muslim country. Its not just the less fortunate people though, I will smile at everyone and even people who look well off get happy and smile back. When you are good to people, they trust and confide in you like what they said in the video. Its so easy to be nice and smile at people, I wish more people did it.
      smiling is a great sunnah, may Allah swt enable us to act upon it more and more Ameen

Comment

Working...
      X