How to avoid backbiting ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to avoid backbiting ?

when dealing with people in general It's easy to fall into the trap of backbiting.. Can you give some advice on how to handle these situations ?

If you can share tips/ practical ways/ technique to prevent backbiting that work out for you .. would be appreciated ...
    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me :crying2:

Re: How to avoid backbiting ?

Take your wisdom from the Sahaaba (RA), who were taught from the Master (SAW).

Speak less and only speak when necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by horizon View Post
      Take your wisdom from the Sahaaba (RA), who were taught from the Master (SAW).

Speak less and only speak when necessary.
      Yes. We try our best to discipline ourselves and control our tongues as much as we can and if we slip we try to increase good deeds to compensate/ pray for them/ give charity on their behalf .. etc

But what about if someone backbites others in our presence ? That what troubles me the most.. (we share same sin .. if we don't speak up against that, advice or preach).

Like I have to stop them, defend the absent person, remind them it's haram and change the talk almost in each talk .. people start thinking I'm overrating it ..

But seriously nothing scares me like people's rights, especially backbiting .. i hate it .

At work for example, they know my nature.. but still some come to me and say " I know you don't like talking about others, but so and so did / said that or this/ look that way .. wrong with that ..etc "

Don't know what else to do, other than making it clear this type of talk bothers me and spoil my mood/ day. Can't ppl stop backbiting each others! I know Satan is clever but don't they feel remorse after talking?!
      Last edited by myeverything; 27-09-17, 09:13 PM.
      How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me :crying2:

Comment

I have fallen victim to backbiting in the past. It's best to just not talk about anyone at all, unless they're a danger to society, or are very immoral and need to be avoided. I steer conversations towards weather, food, cats, food, the progress of my diet, cats, what countries I'd like to live in, and cats.

Comment

Just say good things about the person being backbited instead or change the subject
          It all starts with a thought

Comment

Originally posted by myeverything View Post
            Yes. We try our best to discipline ourselves and control our tongues as much as we can and if we slip we try to increase good deeds to compensate/ pray for them/ give charity on their behalf .. etc

But what about if someone backbites others in our presence ? That what troubles me the most.. (we share same sin .. if we don't speak up against that, advice or preach).

Like I have to stop them, defend the absent person, remind them it's haram and change the talk almost in each talk .. people start thinking I'm overrating it ..

But seriously nothing scares me like people's rights, especially backbiting .. i hate it .

At work for example, they know my nature.. but still some come to me and say " I know you don't like talking about others, but so and so did / said that or this/ look that way .. wrong with that ..etc "

Don't know what else to do, other than making it clear this type of talk bothers me and spoil my mood/ day. Can't ppl stop backbiting each others! I know Satan is clever but don't they feel remorse after talking?!
            Find better company then. Or remove yourself from the discussion. If they know you dislike backbiting and still do it, then simply stand up and excuse yourself from the discussion.

Comment

Is there anything that topples people on their faces (or he said, on their noses) into the Hell-fire other than the harvest of their tongues?

The full hadith here https://hadithcommentary.wordpress.c...awi/hadith29b/

May Allah help us to restrain our tongues from idle/ useless talk (Laghw), lying, cursing, backbiting and slandering.

Comment

Originally posted by myeverything View Post
                Is there anything that topples people on their faces (or he said, on their noses) into the Hell-fire other than the harvest of their tongues?

The full hadith here https://hadithcommentary.wordpress.c...awi/hadith29b/

May Allah help us to restrain our tongues from idle/ useless talk (Laghw), lying, cursing, backbiting and slandering.
                Ameen may Allah forgive us

And subhanallah just something to think about you know that the strongest muscle in the human body is also the tongue
                It all starts with a thought

Comment

Just talk less ..avoid backbitable crowds....if people backbite about you give them flowers....
                  Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
                    Just talk less ..avoid backbitable crowds....if people backbite about you give them flowers....
                    Sure they deserve more than flowers .. if they offer me their good deeds on a plate..

Trying my best .. May Allah help me and all Muslims.

Comment

Working...
                    X