Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post an Ayat - say some something about the ayah - nominate someone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post an Ayat - say some something about the ayah - nominate someone!

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
    Thanks sis, lol that's so funny/coincidental too, because I was actually typing one up when you were posting this :)
    C'mon then lets see it ;)
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
      C'mon then lets see it ;)
      Haha I just posted in Pippins thread, thinking it was the same thread, as they seem related. Another one I like reflecting on is Surah Al Asr

By the Time! Man is surely in loss, except those who believed and did good works, and exhorted one another to Truth, and exhorted one another to patience.

I can't pass commentary on this as br. Eesa beautifully put above.

However in terms of a personal reflection (that's general and not reflected specifically to that particular surah, but time as a whole), it really makes me realise how time is running out.. it makes me sad because people in this world have forgotten.. both muslims and non muslims too, people are wasting their lives away only focusing on careers and wealth.. and time is closing in.. it truly is. And it seems so distant.. but we never know when the Angel of Death will come for us. And then it will be too late to change our ways, to repent and seek forgiveness, and all those things we promised ourselves we would do in the future. Death could be immiment but we can't help thinking that it is far away, it's all written and we don't know when our time is. I say I will stop this, I will start this, I will keep on seeking forgiveness, people plan out their whole lives candyapple, and it's gone in an instant. And then we don't have our beauty or wealth, no status or children, no worldly benefits.. People treat this world as a joke as a game, solely for fun and amusement, people forget their purpose.. and we will be accountable, we will only have our deeds, when our time is run out. What if we sleep and we don't wake up again in this world? I always think to myself.. am I prepared to face my lord.. and it makes me tremble because i'm not.

May Allah s.w.t forgive our sins, keep us firm on the straight path, and with his mercy and blessing, allow us entrance to Jannah. Ameen.

Comment

Nominate Someone sis
        [MENTION=141773]Benefy[/MENTION]
        Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
        In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
        USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
        (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Haha I just posted in Pippins thread, thinking it was the same thread, as they seem related. Another one I like reflecting on is Surah Al Asr

By the Time! Man is surely in loss, except those who believed and did good works, and exhorted one another to Truth, and exhorted one another to patience.

I can't pass commentary on this as br. Eesa beautifully put above.

However in terms of a personal reflection (that's general and not reflected specifically to that particular surah, but time as a whole), it really makes me realise how time is running out.. it makes me sad because people in this world have forgotten.. both muslims and non muslims too, people are wasting their lives away only focusing on careers and wealth.. and time is closing in.. it truly is. And it seems so distant.. but we never know when the Angel of Death will come for us. And then it will be too late to change our ways, to repent and seek forgiveness, and all those things we promised ourselves we would do in the future. Death could be immiment but we can't help thinking that it is far away, it's all written and we don't know when our time is. I say I will stop this, I will start this, I will keep on seeking forgiveness, people plan out their whole lives candyapple, and it's gone in an instant. And then we don't have our beauty or wealth, no status or children, no worldly benefits.. People treat this world as a joke as a game, solely for fun and amusement, people forget their purpose.. and we will be accountable, we will only have our deeds, when our time is run out. What if we sleep and we don't wake up again in this world? I always think to myself.. am I prepared to face my lord.. and it makes me tremble because i'm not.

May Allah s.w.t forgive our sins, keep us firm on the straight path, and with his mercy and blessing, allow us entrance to Jannah. Ameen.
          My focus of this surah is the last ayah; exhort one another to patience

-often wonder if patience means perseverance aswell.
          "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Comment

Luqman 31:33

O mankind, fear your Lord and fear a Day when no father will avail his son, nor will a son avail his father at all. Indeed, the promise of Allah is truth, so let not the worldly life delude you and be not deceived about Allah by the Deceiver.

This ayat just reminds me that at the end of the day this life is short and even your own family cant help you on rhe day of judgement so do as much as you can now and the main aim is akhira so I cant keep my self attached to this dunya thats what i think when i read this ayat

Comment

Or [it is] like a rainstorm from the sky within which is darkness, thunder and lightning. They put their fingers in their ears against the thunderclaps in dread of death. But Allah is encompassing of the disbelievers.
              The lightning almost snatches away their sight. Every time it lights [the way] for them, they walk therein; but when darkness comes over them, they stand [still]. And if Allah had willed, He could have taken away their hearing and their sight. Indeed, Allah is over all things competent.
              Imagine lightning striking everytime you sin, would we still continue or stop at an instant? So when a reminder or a small thought comes our way why is it possible that we could shun it to the other side and continue in our sin, as in the akhira much worse than a storm is waiting for us..
              It all starts with a thought

Comment

My focus of this surah is the last ayah; exhort one another to patience

-often wonder if patience means perseverance aswell.
                yeah sis and also for me man is surely in loss I can't help thinking about when I look around in the world and everyone is obsessed with things that are dangerous and fake like drinking, drugs, wearing inappropriate clothing, and they act like we are odd for not doing so..lol. it's like nearly the whole world is going mad, so the few sane ones seem mad to society.

Comment

نحن خلقناكم فلولا تصدقون
                  "We have created you, so why do you not believe?"(56:57)

Allah does not need us to believe yet out of His endless mercy He makes us reflect and turn back to him Allahu Akbar. How ungrateful we are! May Allah forgive us ameen

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                    نحن خلقناكم فلولا تصدقون
                    "We have created you, so why do you not believe?"(56:57)

Allah does not need us to believe yet out of His endless mercy He makes us reflect and turn back to him Allahu Akbar. How ungrateful we are! May Allah forgive us ameen
                    Wallahi this ayah changed my life and made me turn back to Allah
                    Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

Originally posted by SpreadTheHaqq View Post
                      Alhamdulillah may Allah keep us firm ameen

Comment

Ameen

Comment

Originally posted by SpreadTheHaqq View Post
                          Also another one sis that had me thinking back no I don't want to be replaced but I wanna be the new replacement that Allah loves is this ayah:

47 38

Behold! You are those who are called to spend in the Cause of Allah, yet among you are some who are niggardly. And whoever is niggardly, it is only at the expense of his ownself. But Allah is Rich (Free of all wants), and you (mankind) are poor. And if you turn away (from Islam and the obedience of Allah), He will exchange you for some other people, and they will not be your likes.

I think reverts are replacing born Muslims in this regard

Comment

yeah sis and also for me man is surely in loss I can't help thinking about when I look around in the world and everyone is obsessed with things that are dangerous and fake like drinking, drugs, wearing inappropriate clothing, and they act like we are odd for not doing so..lol. it's like nearly the whole world is going mad, so the few sane ones seem mad to society.
                            The Qur'an is truly a reminder calling it for what it is sunhanAllah. So beautiful too.

Comment

Also another one sis that had me thinking back no I don't want to be replaced but I wanna be the new replacement that Allah loves is this ayah:

47 38

Behold! You are those who are called to spend in the Cause of Allah, yet among you are some who are niggardly. And whoever is niggardly, it is only at the expense of his ownself. But Allah is Rich (Free of all wants), and you (mankind) are poor. And if you turn away (from Islam and the obedience of Allah), He will exchange you for some other people, and they will not be your likes.

I think reverts are replacing born Muslims in this regard
                              i dont know the tafsir of this verse so i cant say but jazaakAllahu khayr May Allah love you :o
                              Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X