Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post an Ayat - say some something about the ayah - nominate someone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post an Ayat - say some something about the ayah - nominate someone!

This is going on among my university's ISOC members... Basically post an ayat, then say something/post something about the ayah, then nominate someone else to do the same.

Surah Naba verse 40 :

Indeed, We have warned you of a near punishment on the Day when a man will observe what his hands have put forth and the disbeliever will say, "Oh, I wish that I were dust!"

First of all this ayah makes you reflect that even the richest, most honoured (on earth) and respected on earth, if they weren't a believer, will wish that they were dust on the Day of Judgement. It makes me think how dust is so little and insignificant, but at least 'dust' does not sin and commit evil. Dust is neutral and without aql/a brain.

So they wish that they were dust and not responsible for their sins/kufr.

I nominate [MENTION=140718]thebench[/MENTION] to make a post and write about an ayah. [MENTION=105052]Darul Ilm[/MENTION] please clarify if this thread is OK.
    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: Post an Ayat - say some something about the ayah - nominate someone!

Lakum deenukum waliya deeni
    "To you be your religion, and to me my religion (Islamic Monotheism)."

Surah Kafiroon verse 6

This ayat makes me reflect upon the situation I'm in, in regards to sihr and ayn affliction. when I read Surah Kafiroon in salaat, it reminds me to stay firm and seek help from the waswasah and jinn. They can have their religion of kufr, sihr and oppression, I'll have my religion of Islam. I can't be swayed by their calls to unbelief n sin via their sihr

I nominate [MENTION=130748]Deeni Akh[/MENTION] to post an verse from the Qur'an and then say something about that ayah

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
      Lakum deenukum waliya deeni
      "To you be your religion, and to me my religion (Islamic Monotheism)."

Surah Kafiroon verse 6

This ayat makes me reflect upon the situation I'm in, in regards to sihr and ayn affliction. when I read Surah Kafiroon in salaat, it reminds me to stay firm and seek help from the waswasah and jinn. They can have their religion of kufr, sihr and oppression, I'll have my religion of Islam. I can't be swayed by their calls to unbelief n sin via their sihr

I nominate [MENTION=130748]Deeni Akh[/MENTION] to post an verse from the Qur'an and then say something about that ayah
      :jkk: good thread.

(الا بذكر الله تطمئن القلوب)

(verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find peace)

(surah 13 verse 43)

This verse always relaxes me and gives me a sense of contentment knowing that nothing else in the world whether it's money, cars, houses, women or status will give you that inner tranquillity except the Qur'an subhanAllah. So even the poorest person who has nothing can be happier than the richest man who has everything.

I nominate br [MENTION=39142]Fakhri[/MENTION] to post a verse and write his reflections on it. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
        :jkk: good thread.

(الا بذكر الله تطمئن القلوب)

(verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find peace)

(surah 13 verse 43)

This verse always relaxes me and gives me a sense of contentment knowing that nothing else in the world whether it's money, cars, houses, women or status will give you that inner tranquillity except the Qur'an subhanAllah. So even the poorest person who has nothing can be happier than the richest man who has everything.

I nominate br [MENTION=39142]Fakhri[/MENTION] to post a verse and write his reflections on it. :up:

Alhamdulillah. This is a very good thread, but I'm glad sr [MENTION=51699]LailaTheMuslim[/MENTION] tagged mawlana sahb - ml. [MENTION=105052]Darul Ilm[/MENTION] - as there is a need to be careful with something like this, of course. Hopefully, things will be corrected or removed as appropriate - from this post or any other.

يَا بَنِي آدَمَ قَدْ أَنْزَلْنَا عَلَيْكُمْ لِبَاسًا يُوَارِي سَوْآتِكُمْ وَرِيشًا ۖ وَلِبَاسُ التَّقْوَىٰ ذَٰلِكَ خَيْرٌ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ مِنْ آيَاتِ اللَّهِ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَذَّكَّرُونَ

O children of Adam, We have bestowed upon you clothing to conceal your private parts and as adornment. But the clothing of righteousness (taqwa) - that is best. That is from the signs of Allah that perhaps they will remember.

(From a reflection by a Shaykh, shared during Ramadan after Taraaweeh... It has stuck with me since I heard it several years ago. This isn't from any of the commonly read tafaaseer as far as I am aware, so I'm not sure where it is from specifically.)

To conceal the shame of our body and beautify ourselves, we have been given clothing. Alhamdulillah

But our bodies being covered is one thing.
        What about internally? What about our internal selves?
        We have left ourselves exposed and naked inside without taqwa.

And taqwa is there when we are aware of Allah Ta'aalaa, when we remember Allah Ta'aalaa. When we are in mindful dhikr of Allah Ta'aalaa. Therefore, when we are not in dhikr of Allah Ta'aalaa, we have exposed ourselves and left ourselves inside vulnerable and naked (to shaytaan) and also before Allah Ta'aalaa.

Continuous mindful dhikr is being in continuous taqwa.

The libaas ut taqwa, the garment/clothing of taqwa protects us from exposing our internal ugliness. Without it, we behave internally in a manner that is ugly to Allah Ta'aalaa... Without hay'aa of His watchfulness over us, His watchfulness of our hearts as well as of our outer forms. We allow within us and harbour freely thoughts and feelings and motivations that are ugly, and these very often then also manifest themselves on our external limbs.

The libaas of taqwa is what protects us from external sin and internal sin and we are wearing it when we are in mindful dhikr. Mindful dhikr not only protects us but also beautifies us internally (all of course by the power of Allah Ta'aalaa).

When we have left dhikr, we are naked internally, and this ayaah helps us look at dhikr in a slightly different way. As Muslims we don't leave our bodies naked, so similarly, we should not be naked inside by not being in a state of dhikr.

For me, it's a strong reminder to motivate me in striving to be in mindful dhikr of Allah Ta'aalaa, especially because of
        the nature of the words and theme of the ayah.

I nominate br [MENTION=127092]eesa the kiwi[/MENTION] to share with us an ayah and what it induces in him of thoughts, feelings and reflections, InshaaAllah.
        Last edited by Fakhri; 26-01-17, 04:44 AM.
        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
        -------------------------------
        "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
        NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

And hasten to forgiveness from your Lord and a garden as wide as the heavens and earth, prepared for the righteous

Who spend [in the cause of Allah ] during ease and hardship and who restrain anger and who pardon the people - and Allah loves the doers of good;

And those who, when they commit an immorality or wrong themselves [by transgression], remember Allah and seek forgiveness for their sins - and who can forgive sins except Allah ? - and [who] do not persist in what they have done while they know.

Those - their reward is forgiveness from their Lord and gardens beneath which rivers flow [in Paradise], wherein they will abide eternally; and excellent is the reward of the [righteous] workers.

3:133-136

As for a commentary I am not worthy to comment on my Lord's speech. May Allah forgive me
          "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
            And hasten to forgiveness from your Lord and a garden as wide as the heavens and earth, prepared for the righteous

Who spend [in the cause of Allah ] during ease and hardship and who restrain anger and who pardon the people - and Allah loves the doers of good;

And those who, when they commit an immorality or wrong themselves [by transgression], remember Allah and seek forgiveness for their sins - and who can forgive sins except Allah ? - and [who] do not persist in what they have done while they know.

Those - their reward is forgiveness from their Lord and gardens beneath which rivers flow [in Paradise], wherein they will abide eternally; and excellent is the reward of the [righteous] workers.

3:133-136

As for a commentary I am not worthy to comment on my Lord's speech. May Allah forgive me

(Alhamdulillah.... Not your commentary, but why these aayaat? What was your first encounter with these Aayaat, what does it make you think and feel? Maybe you have heard or read tafseer on it, which would not be your own commentary...and so on. I guess these are the kind of things we're being asked for... But only if you wish, InshaaAllah... And you haven't nominated anyone!)
            Last edited by Fakhri; 26-01-17, 04:44 PM.
            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
            -------------------------------
            "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
            NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

bump [MENTION=81355]candyapple[/MENTION]

Comment

bump [MENTION=81355]candyapple[/MENTION]
                BarakAllahufeekum

And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth." They said: "Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, - while we glorify You with praises and thanks (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners) and sanctify You." He (Allah) said: "I know that which you do not know."

2-30

Allah knows what we do not

[MENTION=51699]LailaTheMuslim[/MENTION] sis do u have another ayah you want to share
                "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Surah Ash-Shura : 61 - 63

These ayats I read today and just a minute ago. It reassured me and gave me mental peace after reading it both times. Its about Musa alayhis salaam's companions feeling that the were to be overtaken by Firawn and his army.

So Allah revealed to Musa to strike the sea with his stick, and thus the sea parted by Allah's will.

It makes me feel and remember that the human and indeed the believers weapon is their trust in Allah.

Comment

Surah Ash-Shura : 61 - 63

These ayats I read today and just a minute ago. It reassured me and gave me mental peace after reading it both times. Its about Musa alayhis salaam's companions feeling that the were to be overtaken by Firawn and his army.

So Allah revealed to Musa to strike the sea with his stick, and thus the sea parted by Allah's will.

It makes me feel and remember that the human and indeed the believers weapon is their trust in Allah.
                    That's beautiful sis.

I have another one I read about a few days ago and it refreshed my memory.

Indeed, we offered the Trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, and they declined to bear it and feared it; but man [undertook to] bear it. Indeed, he was unjust and ignorant.

33 72

-we were the only ones brave enough to take the amaana, every other creation (that was offered the amana) declined such an offer.
                    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
                      That's beautiful sis.

I have another one I read about a few days ago and it refreshed my memory.

Indeed, we offered the Trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, and they declined to bear it and feared it; but man [undertook to] bear it. Indeed, he was unjust and ignorant.

33 72

-we were the only ones brave enough to take the amaana, every other creation (that was offered the amana) declined such an offer.
                      excellent sis, ma sha Allah

Comment

I nominate [MENTION=131974]Creamcake[/MENTION] sis if u have any ayah you're currently reflecting in please share

Comment

excellent sis, ma sha Allah
                          Nominate Someone sis

Comment

[MENTION=100194]Ya'sin[/MENTION]... sis you have a Quranic verse you want to share with us

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
                              I nominate [MENTION=131974]Creamcake[/MENTION] sis if u have any ayah you're currently reflecting in please share
                              Thanks sis, lol that's so funny/coincidental too, because I was actually typing one up when you were posting this :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X