X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• understanding a Hadith

Asalamu alaykum

I was reading a Hadith
    It was reported by Ibn Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) said the prophet sws said "I was commanded to prostrate on 7 bones. The forehead, the two hands, two knees and the toes, and do not tie up your clothes or hair."
    Narrated by al-bukhari, 779; Muslim, 490

Can someone tell me what it means by do not tie up your clothes or hair ?

Jazzak'Allahu khayran

understanding a Hadith

Sorry I forgot and the nose

Comment

Re: understanding a Hadith

Bump; good question. I don't know.

Comment

understanding a Hadith

Don't think anyone knows bro

Comment

Re: understanding a Hadith

Originally posted by Hebz View Post
          Asalamu alaykum

I was reading a Hadith
          It was reported by Ibn Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) said the prophet sws said "I was commanded to prostrate on 7 bones. The forehead, the two hands, two knees and the toes, and do not tie up your clothes or hair."
          Narrated by al-bukhari, 779; Muslim, 490

Can someone tell me what it means by do not tie up your clothes or hair ?

Jazzak'Allahu khayran
          I look the hadith up, and I think it means don't roll your sleeves or braid your hair, during prayer.

https://islamqa.info/en/141473

Rolling or tucking up a garment - whether that means rolling up the sleeves and baring the arms or rolling or tucking up the hem and baring the lower legs -- is all makrooh according to the majority of scholars.

Al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said:
          The scholars are unanimously agreed that it is not permissible to pray with one's sleeves or garment rolled up and the like, or with one's hair braided or with one's hair wrapped up beneath the turban and so on. All of that is not permissible according to the consensus of the scholars, and it is makrooh in the sense of being discouraged and not proper. If a person prays like that, he has done something wrong but his prayer is valid. End quote. Sharh Muslim, 209.

Comment

Working...
          X