Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yasir Qadhi: We should stop pretending democracy is best way forward

Originally posted by Poster View Post

Ideally we'd all go back to our lands instead of staying in the West but realistically that doesn't seem like it'll happen soon.

Well, the whole point of Muslims participating is to avoid another Hitler coming in. However, as we've seen already, a lot of the population in the West hate Muslims so the Muslim vote doesn't mean much.

The question then is what should the Muslims living in the West do now...
    Originally posted by candyapple View Post
    [MENTION=73339]Poster[/MENTION]

We tie our camels. The fate is decreed by Allah.

I'd like to rest easy knowing I tied my camel to keep it secure and not let it run loose while asking Allah to safeguard it...

Put in the effort :) Allah has power over everything. The decree is with Allah. Our duty is to try.
    Originally posted by Ni'mah View Post
    If Yasir Qadhi's stance is politically naive, what are the alternatives for Muslims living in the US and other western countries? Surely, fixing our home countries in some distant future, whilst still living in the west isn't a serious solution.
    Us muslims in the west love making excuses for ourselves.
    If you have the finances, there are plenty of places muslims can move to, they don't have to be perfect muslim countries run by a pious muslim where everything is judged by the quran. You just have to go anywhere where you can practice your deen.
    Many muslims have not even looked at what options they have but they are quick with the "where do we go" excuse. All they are thinking about is the middle east which is not very welcoming to outsiders.
    And so many muslims in the west are educated, doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc. They are happy giving back to the same countries that vote for the likes of Trump.

"Indeed, those whom the angels take [in death] while wronging themselves - [the angels] will say, "In what [condition] were you?" They will say, "We were oppressed in the land." The angels will say, "Was not the earth of Allah spacious [enough] for you to emigrate therein?" For those, their refuge is Hell - and evil it is as a destination."

There's plenty we can do for muslim lands while we are in the west, we can at least speak about the problems over there and discuss solutions, but instead I see those like Yasir and others busy talking about how to fix the west to make it more comfortable for muslims. When was the last these so called people of knowledge spoke about the fact that we have no real islamic country atm, the problems that is causing and how to fix it?

If you don't have a good islamic country, what are you supposed to do? work towards creating one, make the intention at least, study, learn, raise your children with the right understanding...whatever you can do to work towards building what we are missing today. Even if it doesn't come together in our life time at least the next generation will be in a better place to continue the work especially if we taught them right. That's what the sahaba did. This is the foundation of every great country. Waiting on Saudi and Qatar to let you in is a waste of time.
    Instead the youth and the most educated are drifting further and further away from islam especially in America.

Islam is sacrifice, nothing will be handed to us or come easy. But us guys, we expect others to do all the work for us. We want to 'hop over' and settle down in a land someone else gave their life for. It's not going to happen.
    I hear people talk about the mahdi and how great it would be, you have to laugh at these people...if you're crying about Trump and islamophobia now, you're not going to survive when the mahdi is around.

Unless your people died for America/building America, you're not american. You have no right to america as a muslim so it's stupid to make it your own and waste time trying to fix their political system.
    We have our lands that the companions died for which really need sorting out. Even if we could get western muslims to change their mentality, if we could get them to understand islam correctly, that alone could make some difference.
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
      That analysis isn't going to satisfy some Muslims. They want outta darul kufr and back in cavemen stages

I hear the cave (crevis) of hira is vacant. Chop chop... Muslims. .. there's enough space for all of you's. .. if u squash in just about... send me a post card won't you :)
      What part of what I mentioned referred to living in a cave? :scratch: If there's one place that's leading the world in regressing in civilisation, it's America! In fact, I think women in caveman times would've been more clothed than some women in the world are today.

And I don't like the way you're mocking using the cave of hira as an example. The greatest man to walk on this Earth would frequent that cave. And it was there where the Qur'an was first revealed.
      ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
        "Democracy in america is flawed so let's engage in it"
        Basically what "Sheikh" Yasir Qadhi saying,

Self contradicting statement,

We knew Democracy was flawed for centuries, it is a Kufr system if governance

:jkk:
        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

[MENTION=100438]Rumaysah[/MENTION], Muslim countries can barely take on the refugees from the Muslim world & now European nations are discussing them as a "problem". If you want to be realistic and not discuss some utopian hijrah goals, where would these 40-50 millions of Muslims (in Europe/ US) go?

The vast majority of people aren't going anywhere. That's just brute fact. Now, you can critique YQ, but at least his is a solution that is not detached from reality. You raised some good points, for building our own nations but that doesn't have to be mutually exclusive to being proactive in the countries we're living in currently. Short & long term goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
            Us muslims in the west love making excuses for ourselves.
            If you have the finances, there are plenty of places muslims can move to, they don't have to be perfect muslim countries run by a pious muslim where everything is judged by the quran. You just have to go anywhere where you can practice your deen.
            Many muslims have not even looked at what options they have but they are quick with the "where do we go" excuse. All they are thinking about is the middle east which is not very welcoming to outsiders.
            And so many muslims in the west are educated, doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc. They are happy giving back to the same countries that vote for the likes of Trump.

"Indeed, those whom the angels take [in death] while wronging themselves - [the angels] will say, "In what [condition] were you?" They will say, "We were oppressed in the land." The angels will say, "Was not the earth of Allah spacious [enough] for you to emigrate therein?" For those, their refuge is Hell - and evil it is as a destination."

There's plenty we can do for muslim lands while we are in the west, we can at least speak about the problems over there and discuss solutions, but instead I see those like Yasir and others busy talking about how to fix the west to make it more comfortable for muslims. When was the last these so called people of knowledge spoke about the fact that we have no real islamic country atm, the problems that is causing and how to fix it?

If you don't have a good islamic country, what are you supposed to do? work towards creating one, make the intention at least, study, learn, raise your children with the right understanding...whatever you can do to work towards building what we are missing today. Even if it doesn't come together in our life time at least the next generation will be in a better place to continue the work especially if we taught them right. That's what the sahaba did. This is the foundation of every great country. Waiting on Saudi and Qatar to let you in is a waste of time.
            Instead the youth and the most educated are drifting further and further away from islam especially in America.

Islam is sacrifice, nothing will be handed to us or come easy. But us guys, we expect others to do all the work for us. We want to 'hop over' and settle down in a land someone else gave their life for. It's not going to happen.
            I hear people talk about the mahdi and how great it would be, you have to laugh at these people...if you're crying about Trump and islamophobia now, you're not going to survive when the mahdi is around.

Unless your people died for America/building America, you're not american. You have no right to america as a muslim so it's stupid to make it your own and waste time trying to fix their political system.
            We have our lands that the companions died for which really need sorting out. Even if we could get western muslims to change their mentality, if we could get them to understand islam correctly, that alone could make some difference.
            Salam alaykom

I enjoyed reading this. Sister , I don't think it's as simplistic as we all wish it would be. What can the muslims do ? It seems the only option is either make your current situation is more comfortable or do khurooj against the leaders in islamic countries. Even bringing up the concept of khilafah in the harram will have you imprisoned ..

It seems (and scholars uthaymeen biz baz etc) say the best thing for muslims at this point in time is to strengthen our religion(spiritual not poltical)

Things will take care of themselves in due time. That doesn't mean don't take care of your current polical situation . Do what you can (like Shaykh Yasir ) but it's knowledge and imaan which is the issue we are dealing with. This is Allah's test. It is from Allah , this is the qadr , the question is ; how will you deal with this circumstance?

Comment

Working...
            X