Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice From Sh Abu Bakr Ash-Shatiri re: Qur'an...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice From Sh Abu Bakr Ash-Shatiri re: Qur'an...

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah...

(Sharing something sent to me earlier today...)

Advises from Sheikh Abubakr Shatri in Awwal Masjid, Cape Town:

Sh Abu Bakr Ash-Shaatri, world renowned quran reciter was born in 1970 and is a qualified accountant.

All (khatam) recitals we hear from him on cassette or cd are not studio recordings but taken live from Taraweeh. First one from Masjidul Furqaan, Saudi Arabia.

Was 18 when he was fully haafith. Did academic studies together with hifth.

The sheikh was asked how he balanced academic and hifth studies...

At school, when waiting for next class/period or moving between classes, he would try to use that 5 min to revise. Adding up all that minutes in his experience, he could easily revise for the day 1 and 1/2 juz. Making good use of every opportunity. And also after school he would revise.
    In his experience if you want to excel at other studies, then show extra concern for the Quran.

He remembers the year before he graduated he got very busy with his hifth, to the extent that his fellow students thought he would fail his academic studies. That year he did the best achieving 97% overall - best in the school. The final year of graduation, he cut back on his hifth and concentrated on his academic studies, then he did not do so well.

One of the names that
    ‎الله سبحانه و تعالى
    describes the Quran is mubarak. A blessed book. It is not recited in a place except that it draws barakah. Likewise the body that has the Quran draws barakah and this mind that carries the Quran draws barakah.

Sometimes w/out the Quran- in order to understand something, a concept it will take some time - a few hours - to understand. But if you have the Quran, and you made time for it - the barakah of it opens up your mind to understand and grasp concepts much quicker / shorter amounts of time

Quran is also described Quran Al Kareem. Generous. A person who is generous - does he take from you or does he give you? Generous gives. Because the Quran is a generous book, it gives you barakah all the time. You come to it, it gives you. Even wealth, even your physical body - it is generous in how it grants you contentment and peace of mind - opens up.

Our predecessors used to say, whoever wants dunya, ask for Aakhirah. Focus on Aakhirah and Allah will grant you both dunya and Aakhirah. Because the One who owns the dunya also owns the Aakhirah

You only focus on dunya - you limit yourself.

The Quran deserves quality time daily in our lives. The Quran should never be left alone.

His predecessors and teachers told the students, they should take Quran seriously, they should take it upon themselves to be in the shade and comfort of the Quran. Through it things are eased for you that cannot be eased in any other way but through the Quran

What's important is that we may have time, but somehow or the other we are preoccupied. It's also about understanding that you must be worthy of the book, of its word, it's nur and barakah - so he advises that before you recite Quran- make istighfaar - seek forgiveness- to cleanse this container that wants to hold Allahs word. Cleanse so that it becomes deserving of the pure words of الله سبحانه و تعالى

If you use public transport - what do you do in that time? It could be that if you use your time correctly, you can cover 3 Juz, 5 Juz while using public transport.

Seek Allahs help. Make it your habit

Oh الله I'm seeking your help to memorise this page
    O Allah I'm seeking your help to
    Study this subject
    O Allah I'm seeking your help to get this job
    O Allah I seek your help to marry a particular lady

Seek Allahs help in everything and be patient.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).
Working...
X