The Reality of Life is Death

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Reality of Life is Death

“Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition to increase wealth and children. [In reality, it is] like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the disbelievers. When it dries and you see it turn yellow, and then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion?”

(Surah al-Hadeed:20)

Re: The Reality of Life is Death

"Blessed is He in whose hand is dominion, and He is over all things competent - [He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed - and He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving."

(Surah al-Mulk: 1-2)

Comment

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you should wish for death because of a calamity befalling him; but if he has to wish for death, he should say: "O Allah! Keep me alive as long as life is better for me, and let me die if death is better for me.' "

Comment

“Everyone is going to taste death, and We shall make a trial of you with evil and with good, and to Us you will be returned.”

(Surah Al-Anbiya:21)

Comment

"Allah takes the souls at the time of their death, and those that do not die [He takes] during their sleep. Then He keeps those for which He has decreed death and releases the others for a specified term. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought."

(Surah az-Zumar: 42)

Comment

Abu Hurairah said, I heard the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم saying to Thawban, O Thawban, what will you do when the nations invite one another to invade you as people invite one another to eat a dish? Thawban said, May my father and my mother be sacrificed for you, O Messenger of Allah! Is it because we will be few in number? The Prophet said, No, on that day, you (Muslims) will be a lot, but Allah will put Wahan (weakness) in your hearts. The people asked, O Messenger of Allah, What is Wahan (weakness)? He said, 'It is love of this World and dislike of death' (meaning you do not fight because you fear death).

(Ahmad, Abu Dawud)

Comment

Wherever you are; death will find you even if you are in towers built up strong and high. - Quran 4:78
              “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

:salams

Very important reminder :jkk:
                "Let the days do as they please
                And be optimistic when destiny decrees
                Do not despair due to the events of the past
                For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

How did I miss this thread?
                  :jkk:
                  It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
                  "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

SubhanAllaah - the narrow box, the narrow box.

Comment

So let us stop whining over "Islamophobia" and how bad the kuffar are treating us, but look at these as trials Allah has given us to gain jannah

as Allah says in Quran

the believers, when they saw the enemy, they rejoiced and said this is what Allah and His messenger have promised and Allah and His Messenger spoke the truth

16. Say : "Flight will not avail you if you flee from death or killing, and then you will enjoy no more than a little while!"17. Say: "Who is he who can protect you from Allah if He intends to harm you, or intends mercy on you?" And they will not find, besides Allah, for themselves any Wali (protector, supporter, etc.) or any helper.
                      18. Allah already knows those among you who keep back (men) from fighting in Allah's Cause, and those who say to their brethren "Come here towards us," while they (themselves) come not to the battle except a little.
                      19. Being miserly towards you (as regards help and aid in Allah's Cause). Then when fear comes, you will see them looking to you, their eyes revolving like (those of) one over whom hovers death, but when the fear departs, they will smite you with sharp tongues, miserly towards (spending anything in any) good (and only covetous of booty and wealth). Such have not believed. Therefore Allah makes their deeds fruitless, and that is ever easy for Allah.
                      20. They think that Al-Ahzab (the Confederates) have not yet withdrawn, and if Al-Ahzab (the Confederates) should come (again), they would wish they were in the deserts (wandering) among the bedouins, seeking news about you (from a far place); and if they (happen) to be among you, they would not fight but little.
                      21. Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad ) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much.
                      22. And when the believers saw Al-Ahzab (the Confederates), they said: "This is what Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad ) had promised us, and Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad ) had spoken the truth, and it only added to their faith and to their submissiveness (to Allah).
                      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                        How did I miss this thread?
                        :jkk:
                        Agreed!
                        :jkk: for the beneficial reminders everyone.
                        Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

He is not from this world
                          POSTED ON SEPTEMBER 22, 2016 UPDATED ON SEPTEMBER 22, 2016

How many do you come across that are not from this lowly world ..a few ..who only encourage you to raise higher .

A letter from a family member of one of brothers who has been incarcerated under TOTALLY UNJUST BIASED LAWS australia

4665126-3x4-340x453

“My brother was such wonderful young man. There was only a year and a half between me and him so were close, but not close. We used to fight a lot and argue, but we always knew that we were there for each other. Everyone would notice that me and him hardly saw eye to eye on almost every matter, but we always had each other’s backs. We would give the world up for each other in a heart beat.

Me and my brother both had a rough upbringing. Alhamdulillah for everything. During this, I always looked up to him, and admired him for his strength and patience. He was always my rock. We argued a lot on matters of the Deen, and he was very staunch on his beliefs. Never would back down. SubhanAllah, even though I may have studied more than him, or memorised more books than him, he was almost always right, as if Allah had guided his heart and opened it to the truth. It is to him, after Allah -azza wa jall- that I owe my guidance. It was my arguments with him, and then later on his incarceration in Saudi Arabia that opened my eyes to reality.

I remember the day they came to take him. I stood there hopelessly as they simply grabbed him and dragged him away. I stood there in shock for hours, unable to comprehend what had just happened, while he was as usual, smiling and telling me to be patient.

Wallahi his smile never left his lips. He was always beaming to everyone. He was the purest soul I ever met or knew. He remained in jail there for over 3 years, only because he was sincere in his love for Allah and his hatred for the Taghut. He was vocal in his call to Tawheed and allegiance to the Muslims. I would visit him every month for as long as I could, and not once did I see weakness in him. He was like a mountain in his steadfastness.. may Allah protect him.

Seeing him behind a glass wall today, this time in the hands of the Kuffar, brought back to me those memories. Even though I tried my hardest to remain calm, I just couldn’t, and tears found their way to my eyes and down my cheeks. I made sure I hid them from him, but I didn’t really have to, because the Kuffar stooped so low to even deny him his glasses. His eyesight is very poor, and as he sat there squinting behind the glass, with me trying my best for him to make eye contact with me, I could see that look of firmness once again. He amazes me subhanAllah.

First it was the Murtaddeen, now the Kuffar, each doing their best, trying to break him. They accused him of things he is innocent from. Everyone who is close to him knows that he would not harm a soul.

My dear brother, I have faith in Allah, and know that your reward will never be lost. You will emerge a free man one day by the will of Allah, and we will once again be united. No matter how much the try to ruin your name and reputation, you will always be that beaming, radiant, resilient, beautiful soul I always knew.

I hold my 3 month old son in my hands and watch his laughs as he recognizes my presence, then I remember the little baby that you also left behind, and I only imagine what it is like to be in your place. How much strength does it require to remain calm and collected in the face of the unknown.

My dear brother.. you were not born for this world. You were born for the hereafter. And Allah has placed you in a world that they won’t understand: a world of trust and reliance in Allah, and anticipation of the reward of Allah. May Allah keep you firm and strong in the face of what they plot for you, and may he reunite us in this world before the next.

– Your younger brother,
                          Junaid Thorne
                          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post

My dear brother.. you were not born for this world. You were born for the hereafter. And Allah has placed you in a world that they won’t understand: a world of trust and reliance in Allah, and anticipation of the reward of Allah. May Allah keep you firm and strong in the face of what they plot for you, and may he reunite us in this world before the next.

– Your younger brother,
                            Junaid Thorne
                            Ameen.

When you see the sincerity of some Muslims in times of hardship, and the way they face their enemies without fear, it's an inspiration.

The temporary temptations of this world versus the eternal bliss of Jannah. Only a fool would choose the former.

Comment

Upon the authority of al-Bara’ ibn `Aazib who said: We went out with the Prophet (peace be upon him) to a burial of a man from the Ansaar (original inhabitants of Madina) until we arrived at the grave and he still had not been placed in the slot of the grave.

Then the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) sat down and we sat around him. You would have thought that birds were upon our heads from our silence and in the hand of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) was a stick which he was poking the ground with. Then he started looking at the sky and looking at the earth and looking up down three times. Then he said to us: “Ask Allah for refuge from the torment of the grave“, he repeated this command two or three times. Then he said O Allah I seek refuge in you from the torment of the grave (three times). He then said,

‘When the believer is about to depart from this world and go forward into the Next World, angels with faces as bright as the sun descend from the heavens and sit around him in throngs stretching as far as the eye can see. Then the Angel of Death comes and sits at his head and says, “Good soul, come out to forgiveness and pleasure from Allah!” Then his soul emerges like a drop of water flows from a water-skin and the angel takes hold of it. When he has grasped it, the other angels do not leave it in his hand even for the twinkling of an eye. They take it and place it in a perfumed shroud and a fragrance issues from it like the sweetest scent of musk found on the face on the earth.

‘Then they bear it upwards and whenever they take it past a company of angels, they ask,”Who is this good soul?” and the angels with the soul reply, “So-and-so the son of so-and-so,” using the best names by which people used to call him in this world. They bring him to the lowest heaven and ask for the gate to be opened for him. It is opened for him and angels who are near Allah from each of the heavens accompany him to the subsequent heaven until he reaches to the heaven where Allah the Great is. Allah, the Mighty and Majestic,says,’Register the book of My slave in ‘Illiyun and take him back to earth. I created them from it and I return them to it and I will bring them forth from it again.”

‘His soul is then returned to his body and two angels come to him. They make him sit up and say to him, “Who is your Lord?” He replies, “My Lord is Allah.”They ask him, “What is your religion?” He replies, “My religion is Islam.” They ask him, “Who is this man who was sent among you?” He replies, ”The Messenger of Allah.” They ask him, “How did you come to know these things?” He replies, “I read the Book of Allah, believed it, and declared it to be true.” Then a Voice from on high declares, “My slave has spoken the truth, so spread out carpets from the Garden for him and open a gate of the Garden for him!” Then some of its fragrance and perfume comes to him, his grave is expanded for him as far as the eye can see, and a man with beautiful garments and a fragrant scent comes to him and says, “Rejoice in what delights you for this is the day which you were promised.” He asks, “Who are you? Yours is a face which presages good.” He replies, “I am your good actions.” Then he (the soul) says, “O Lord, let the Last Hour come soon so that I may rejoin my family and my property!”

Comment

Working...
                              X