X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The eternal enemy - I

The eternal enemy - I

(Islamweb)

The devil has no direct authority over man, but he takes advantage of man's ignorance and the ardent desire of his soul to gratify its needs. So, the devil beautifies the ideas and actions that agree with its inclination, persistently whispers and tempts it, which in turn exerts pressure on the heart till it submits to it and takes the decision that complies with its whim.

Therefore, Allah The Almighty warned us against following the devil and informed us that he beautifies the action for the soul gradually so as not to confront stiff resistance. Allah The Almighty says (what means): {O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing.} [Quran 24:21] Allah The Almighty reminds us of the role of the devil, and He Says (what means):

{And Satan had made pleasing to them their deeds and averted them from the path.} [Quran 29:38]

{Satan promises them and arouses desire in them. But Satan does not promise them except delusion.} [Quran 4:120]

{But Satan whispered to them to make apparent to them that which was concealed from them of their private parts.} [Quran 7:20]

The Quran alerts us that the devil, in crucial moments and after beautifying evil deeds for man until he commits them, deserts him. Allah The Almighty says (what means):

{} [Quran 8:48]

{} [Quran 59:16]

On the Day of Judgment, the devil will remind his followers that he had no authority over them, but he just invited their souls to evil and they answered him. Allah The Almighty says (what means): {} [Quran 14:22]
    Last edited by Arsalan; 17-06-16, 10:42 PM.

Re: The eternal enemy - I

The eternal enemy - II

(Islamweb)

Satan deceives the Muslim in several ways that he follows in order, so that if he fails to deceive him through the first way, he moves to the second, and so on. Ibn Al-Qayyim, may Allaah have mercy upon him, said,

"Beware of committing minor sins, for they accumulate till they destroy the man. It is like a man who camped in the wilderness, and one man brought a stick, another man brought a stick, and so on, until they accumulated a lot, then they lit a fire and cooked their food." [Saheeh]

If Satan fails in this level, he would move to the fifth category, he would busy the man with lawful things that command no reward or punishment. The consequence of such things lies in missing the reward for the acts that these things distracted him from. If Satan fails in this level and the man made good use of his time and he is aware of the value of his breaths and their loss and the corresponding bliss and punishment, Satan would move to the sixth category, i.e. busying the man with less virtuous acts at the expense of more virtuous ones. By doing so, Satan takes virtue away from the man and makes him lose the reward of highly virtuous acts by enticing and urging him to do less virtuous acts and beautifying them for him should this involve leaving a more and higher virtuous act.

Shaykh Yoosuf replied quickly, "Scholars mentioned several fortifications that I will tell you about briefly.

1. Seeking refuge with Allah The Almighty from Satan. Allah The Almighty Says (what means): {And if there comes to you from Satan an evil suggestion, then seek refuge in Allah. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Knowing.}[Quran 41:36]

2. Reading Surahs Al-Falaq and An-Nas.

3. Reading Ayat-ul-Kursi (Verse of the Chair).

4. Reading the last verses of Surah Al-Baqarah.

5. Reading Surah Al-Baqarah.

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

7. One of the most useful fortifications from Satan is frequent remembrance of Allah, the Almighty.

8. Avoiding unnecessary looking, talk, food, and mixing with people, since Satan dominates the son of Adam and achieves his aim from him through these four channels.

9. Ablution and prayer are among the strongest fortifications from Satan.

10. Purification of listening or keeping one's ear away from listening to falsehood.

11. Spending in the Cause of Allah The Almighty.

12. Following the authentic Sunnah (Prophetic tradition). This is the most important cure for possessed people. Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim, may Allaah have mercy upon him, said,

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X