No announcement yet.

Reminders to the SELF (and anyone else)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminders to the SELF (and anyone else)

Bismillah.

I will be posting in this thread regularly, inshaaAllah, as a reminder to my self (and for anyone else). This might mean the very same or similar posts being posted consecutively, repeatedly.

It is to help in self recitification, bi-idhnillah.
    Please feel to post short pieces of advice, an ayah, a hadith, literal reminders. If you do post, please don't be hesitant in posting the same thing every day, even twice a day - for a week, two weeks, a month, and so on...
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Re: Reminders to the SELF (and anyone else)

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيم
    ِ
    قَدْ أَفْلَحَ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ *
    الَّذِينَ هُمْ فِي صَلَاتِهِمْ خَاشِعُونَ *
    وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ عَنِ اللَّغْوِ مُعْرِضُونَ *
    وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ لِلزَّكَاةِ فَاعِلُونَ *
    وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ لِفُرُوجِهِمْ حَافِظُونَ *
    إِلَّا عَلَىٰ أَزْوَاجِهِمْ أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُهُمْ فَإِنَّهُمْ غَيْرُ مَلُومِينَ * فَمَنِ ابْتَغَىٰ وَرَاءَ ذَٰلِكَ فَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْعَادُونَ *
    وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ لِأَمَانَاتِهِمْ وَعَهْدِهِمْ رَاعُونَ *
    وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ عَلَىٰ صَلَوَاتِهِمْ يُحَافِظُونَ *
    أُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْوَارِثُونَ *
    الَّذِينَ يَرِثُونَ الْفِرْدَوْسَ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُون*

[Surat Al-Mu'minun 1 - 11]

Success is really attained by the believers.
    Who concentrate their attention in humbleness when offering Salāh (prayers).
    And who keep themselves away from vain things,
    And who are performers of Zakāh,
    And who guard their private parts.
    Except from their wives or from those (bondwomen who are) owned by their hands, as they are not to be blamed.
    However, those who seek (sexual pleasure) beyond that are the transgressors.
    - And (success is attained) by those who honestly look after their trusts and covenant,
    And who consistently observe their prayers.
    Those are the inheritors.
    Who will inherit Firdaus (the Paradise). They will be there forever.

(Out of love and obedience, and fear of displeasing Him (swt), I should be very careful to spend time only in things related to dhikr of Allah Ta'aalaa and which are of benefit and goodness to myself or others.)
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)

Comment

وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ عَنِ اللَّغْوِ مُعْرِضُونَ
      ("...And who keep themselves away from vain things...")

Out of love and obedience, and fear of displeasing Him (swt), I should be very careful to only spend time in things related to dhikr of Allah Ta'aalaa and which are of benefit and goodness to myself or others.
      LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

من كان يؤمن بالله واليوم الآخر فليقل خيرا أو ليصمت
        [Bukhari and Muslim]

(I should remain silent unless there is an opportunity to do good. I should be watchful over my tongue. Restraining the tongue is one of the first defences against my nafs.
        Being careless with the tongue strengthens my nafs against me.)
        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

- Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 1889

Narrated Ibn Jaz:
          "I have not seen anyone who smiled more than the Messenger of Allah :saw: "
          حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ لَهِيعَةَ، عَنْ عُبَيْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ الْمُغِيرَةِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ الْحَارِثِ بْنِ جَزْءٍ، قَالَ مَا رَأَيْتُ أَحَدًا أَكْثَرَ تَبَسُّمًا مِنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ غَرِيبٌ ‏.‏ ) -Tirmidhi
          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

I should strive to fill my time only in acts of goodness for myself or others. I should avoid those things which do not benefit or remind of Allah Ta'aalaa.

I should guard my tongue and speak little. The more I speak without need, the stronger my nafs becomes against me.

I should smile and have warmth for people as much as I possibly can.

I should be constant in conscious dhikr. The more conscious I am, the more it is likely to keep my actions and behaviour in check.
            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ ذِكْرًا كَثِيرًا

"O you who believe, remember Allah abundantly,

وَسَبِّحُوهُ بُكْرَةً وَأَصِيلًا

and proclaim His purity at morn and eve." (33:42-43)
              LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Out of love and obedience, and fear of displeasing Him (swt), I should be very careful to only spend time in things which remind of Allah Ta'aalaa, or are of benefit and goodness for myself or others.

The wasting of time is related to the death of the heart and distancing from Allah Ta'aalaa.
                LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ ذِكْرًا كَثِيرًا

"O you who believe, remember Allah abundantly,

وَسَبِّحُوهُ بُكْرَةً وَأَصِيلًا

and proclaim His purity at morn and eve." (33:42-43)

I should be in constant, loving remembrance of my Gracious Master.
                  LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

I am constantly thinking about how at any moment, unannounced and without warning... malikul mawt can find me wherever I am and tell me my time in the dunyaa is up.... This is the reality for all of us.. our days are finite and our time is running out.. How are we spending the minutes that pass us by? SubhanAllah.. Allahu Akbar

Comment

I must fill my time with only those acts which benefit me or others.

I should be in constant loving rememberance of my Gracious Master (swt).

I should guard my tongue and limit myself to only silence or words of goodness.

I must be always conscious of being warm in nature, smiling and trying to bring happiness to those around me.
                      LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

I see too many Muslims concerned with matters that should be left with the scholars. We struggle to wake up for Fajr, pray Qiyaam al Layl, even to just pray on time, etc.... But we want to delve into topics that we have very little or NO knowledge on. Let's start with the basics.

Comment

Out of love and obedience, and fear of displeasing Him (swt), I should only be engaged in acts which remind of Allah Ta'aalaa, or acts of benefit and goodness to myself or others.

I should be in constant loving rememberance of my Gracious Master.

I should be very strict with my words and speak only if there is some good in it. The allowing of my tongue to speak carelessly strengthens my nafs against me.

I should be considerate of spreading warmth and pleasantness to those around me.
                          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

I should be very careful to fill my time with only those things which remind of Allah Ta'aalaa and benefit myself or others.

I should be in constant loving rememberance of my Gracious Master (swt).
                            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X