No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asalamu alaikum rahmatulah wa barakatu
    i saw this on another forum(may Allah reward farhan the op) and thought id share here as some muslims have a tendancy to get confused over this
    remember there is no basis for 786 in the sunnah. inshaallah you will find this beneficial

"786" - we see it everywhere. Above our doors, in shop windows, on wedding cards and pretty much everywhere in between.

There is a widespread belief that "786" means Bismillah Al-Rahman Al-Raheem. People write it seeking blessings and protection, believing that they are doing something good.

In reality my dear brothers and sisters, 786 is nothing more than than a collection of numbers. There is no significance to it whatsoever. In fact, believing that "786" brings blessings or protection is an avenue to shirk because it isn't a means to anything.

Rather, this only destroys a person's trust and reliance upon Allah. 786 stems from the practice of giving each letter a numerical value and then counting the total of all the letters in a word. This practice has nothing to do with Islam and is more akin to the practices of the magicians.

As Muslims we should not be attached to these silly numbers and concepts. Our pure trust is in Allah alone and not these innovated traps of shaytan. Put your trust in Allah.

786 is often used by the magician to mislead the general masses into thinking it is something good. And Allah's aid is sought.
    Free yourselves from the shackles of shirk and come to the pure path of tawheed.

~Abu Ibraheem Hussnayn
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Re: 786

786? That's a new one tbh. May Allah swt guide us. Ameen
    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

92 or 786 :they need to be" exorcised " from the misguided influence that they are Islamic.

Comment

Sat so chiyasi!
        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

I knew a Brother from Myanmar who told me about, government oppression against Muslims where they would demolish builds of suspected masjids.

The people used 786 in butcher shops so that they could indicate that they were Muslim and that the meat was halal.

I believe that words, number, symbols mean whatever you want them to mean to you. I can't see anything wrong with this.

But to believe that 786 has some kind of supernatural powers is a step too far, in my opinion.

But then again... can't this also be applied to the Arabic script, too? If you write "Bismillah" in Arabic on a bracelet and then wear the bracelet thinking it gives you protection... sure that is also wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X