X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eesa the kiwi
    started a topic food for thought

food for thought

The sahaba used to do the sunnah because it was sunnah, we leave the sunnah because it is sunnah- Marwa Saad

• eesa the kiwi
    replied
    Whoever loves this worldly life, will estimate its value, and he will make himself a slave to it, and it will humiliate him. And whoever neglects it, will notice his great value, and it will serve him, and it will humiliate itself for him. (Ibn al-Qayyim)

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied
    Ibn Qayyim RA said: Adam AS was taken out of Jannah, while he was in it. He was taken out because of a single sin that he did. And you are constantly doing sins, while outside of Jannah, yet hoping to enter Jannah.

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied

Whoever loves this Dunya and is pleased by it, then he should know that love of the akhira is leaving their heart because the two cannot co-exist in one heart.

~Hassan Al-Basree.

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied

What is this world but a dream that a sleeper sees - he delights in it for a few moments, and then wakes up to face reality.

~Hasan Al-Basree.

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied

If I were to backbite against anyone, it would be about my parents, for they have more right to my good deeds.

~Abdullah Ibn-Mubarak.

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied

This dunya is like a shadow. If you try to catch it, you will never be able to do so. If you turn your back towards it, it has no choice but to follow you.
    -Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied

Imam Ahmad was asked, “When is there rest?”
    He answered, “When you put your foot in Paradise, you will find rest.”

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied
    Ibn Abî Mulaykah – Allah have mercy on him – said:
    I met thirty of the Prophet’s Companions – Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him – and every one of them feared falling into nifâq (hypocrisy); not one of them claimed he had the level of faith of Jibrîl or Mîkâ`îl.
    Quoted by Al-Bukhârî, Al-Sahîh, Chapter on the believer fearing that his deeds will be nullified without him realizing.

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied

Those before you used to give
    to their worldly affairs what
    was left over from their pursuit
    of the hereafter. But today you
    give to the matters of the hereafter,
    the leftovers from your pursuit of
    worldly affairs. 'Awn ibn 'Abdillah.
    Quoted by Abi Nu'aym in
    Hilyat al `Awliya.

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied
    "Whoever competes with you in your Deen [Religion], then compete with him, but whoever competes with you in your Dunya [Worldly Matters], then throw it to him"
    -Imaam al-Hasan al-Basri

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied

"What a wonderful thing to know Him (i.e Allah)! But how can one know Him but not love Him? How can one hear the caller but fail to respond? How can one know the profit to be gained in dealing with Him but still prefer others? How can one taste the bitterness of disobeying Him but still abstain from seeking the pleasure of obeying Him? How can one feel the severity of engaging in trivial speech, but fail to open your heart to His remembrance? How can one be tortured by being attached to others but not rush toward the bliss of turning to Him in repentance? Perhaps it is most surprising to know that while you are in need of Him, you are still reluctant to move toward Him because you seek others" -Ibn Al-Qayyim

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied
    Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    Asalamu alaikum rahmatullah wa barakatu

Ibn Mas'ud reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said;
    "Those who make things hard for themselves will be destroyed." He said it three times. [Muslim]
    Abu Rib’i Hanzala ibn ar-Rabi’ al-Usaydi the scribe, one of the scribes of the Messenger of Allah, said, “Abu Bakr, may Allah be pleased with him, met me and said, ‘How are you, Hanzala?’ I said, ‘Hanzala is a hypocrite!’ I said, Glory be to Allah! What are you saying!’

I said, ‘We were with the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, who reminded us of the Garden and the Fire and it was as if we could see them with our eyes. When we leave the presence of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, we attend to our wives, children and estates in a state of great heedlessness.’ Abu Bakr said, ‘By Allah, we have experienced the same as this!’

So Abu Bakr and I went to visit the Messenger of Allah and I said, ‘Hanzala is a hypocrite, Messenger of Allah!’ The Messenger of Allahmay Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘Why is that?’ I said, ‘Messenger of Allah, when we are with you,you remind us of the Garden and Fire and it is as if we could see them with our eyes. When we leave your presence, we attend to our wives, children and estates in a state of great heedlessness.’

The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘By the One in whose hand my soul is, if you were to remain in the state you are in when you are in my presence and in the dhikr, the angels would shake hands with you on your bed and in the street, but, Hanzala, different times are not the same.’ three times.” [Muslim] ( Number 151, Chapter14, Riyad as-Salihin)

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied

“What is this world but a dream that a sleeper sees – he delights in it for a few moments, and then wakes up to face reality”. – Hasan Al-Basri

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied
    This whole religion revolves around knowing the truth and acting by it, and action must be accompanied by patience. - Ibn Taymiyya

Leave a comment:

Working...
X