No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness."

-Ibn Al-Qayyim.
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing."
        "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• Why wish upon a star when you can pray to The One who created it?

Comment

• 'The Righteous Salaf were as fearful of their good deeds being squandered, or not being accepted, as the present generation is certain that their neglect would be forgiven. ' Hasan Al Basri (RA)

Comment

• If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make,
              who would you call and what would you say?
              And why are you waiting?

- Stephen Levine

Comment

• Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have. Remember that whatever you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.

Comment

• It is related that Abu 'Uthman was once riding in the street when a pot
                  of ashes was thrown down upon him. He dismounted, and prostrated
                  himself to God in gratitude, and then brushed the ashes from his
                  clothes without saying a word. 'Shall you not rebuke them?' he was
                  asked, but he replied, 'A man who deserves hellfire but receives only
                  ashes cannot fairly be angry'.
                  [Signs of good character]

Comment

• - Wahb b. Munabbih

Comment

• https://t.me/da1wahchannel

Comment

• Vol.2 p726

Comment

• This whole religion revolves around knowing the truth and acting by it, and action must be accompanied by patience. - Ibn Taymiyya

Comment

• Perpetually is the servant either the recipient of a blessing from Allah, in which case he is need of gratitude; or he is the perpetrator of a sin, in which case he is in need of repentance; he is always moving from one blessing to another and is always in need of repentance." - Ibn Taymiyya

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• Uṣūl Al-Sunnah article 189.

Comment

Working...
                                X