No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “When we wake up in the morning, we have two simple choices. Go back to sleep and dream, or wake up and chase those dreams.
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

• Who does greater evil than he who is reminded of the signs of the Lord,
      then turns away from them?
      - Qur'an, 32:22
      The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

• You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

- Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

• Sometimes things are not what they are seen, you have to look beyond what you see.

Comment

• It is related that Abu 'Uthman was once riding in the street when a pot
            of ashes was thrown down upon him. He dismounted, and prostrated
            himself to God in gratitude, and then brushed the ashes from his
            clothes without saying a word. 'Shall you not rebuke them?' he was
            asked, but he replied, 'A man who deserves hellfire but receives only
            ashes cannot fairly be angry'.

Comment

• bn Qudamah (rahimahumullah) once said that when one slanders you, you should be thankful that he spoke something about you which was untrue, for there are many blemishes on your account which are true which Allah hid from the world.

Comment

• Yearning for Allah and His meeting is like the gentle breeze blowing upon the heart, extinguishing the blaze of the Dunya. Whosoever caused his heart to settle with his Lord shall be in a state, calm and tranquility, and whosoever sent it amongst the people shall be disturbed and excessively perturbed.” - Ibn al Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Comment

• ..When I love him(my faithful servant) I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him" (Al-Bukhari).

Comment

• When you feel you cannot take it any more, complain to Him and Him alone, then wait patiently until he answers your supplication. Seek solace with the supplication of Yaqub (AS) over his son, Yusuf (AS), “Indeed I complain of my grief and sorrow only to Allah…” (Quran 12:86)

Comment

• "Shaytan rejoiced when Adam (peace be upon him) came out of Paradise, but he did not know that when a diver sinks into the sea, he collects pearls and then rises again."

~ Ibnnul-Qayyim

Comment

• One of the Salaaf said: "Beware of the life of this world because its magic is more effective than that of Harut and Marut. The two latter's separate a man from his wife whereas the life of this world separates a man from his Rabb."

Comment

• "The Dunya is worthless to its Lord, and yet it belongs to Him. So it's not right that you value it so much, and it's not even yours!" (Yahya b. Mu'adh, Hilyat'l-Awliya', 14549)

Comment

• "This world is like a shadow, run after it and you will never be able to catch it, turn your back against it and it has no choice but to follow you."

~Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

• "It doesn't mean that one shouldn't enjoy life, but that when one understands that the "complete happiness" they are looking for in this dunya doesn't exist here then it becomes easier to go through trials and to work for you aakhirah

~Sh. Muhammad Alshareef

Comment

• When He gives, He shows you His kindness; when He deprives, He shows you His power. And in all that, He is making Himself known to you and coming to you with His gentleness. -Ibn Ata’Allah

Comment

Working...
                                X