food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al-Hasan al-Basree said:

If you see a man competing with you with regard to this world then compete with him concerning the Hereafter.
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

• Patience is to swallow bitterness, without frowning.
      - Junaid al-Baghdadi
      The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

• I complained to Imam Waqee of my weak memory; he advised me to abstain from sins; for, verily, knowledgeis a nur from Allah; and this nur of Allah is not awarded to sinners.(Imam Shafiee ra)

Comment

• "Some people learn from the experiences of others, some learn from their own experiences and some just never learn"

Comment

• "To see real change in the Muslim Ummah, we need to be the best that we can be on an individual level so that we can flourish and thrive on a community level." - Sheikh Sajid Umar

Comment

• Life is just one big party when you're ignorant to what's really going on in the world and what will happen after your death.

Comment

• Gratefulness is not only an emotion, its a choice.

No matter how you emotionally or physically feel right now, choose to thank Allah

Comment

• Encourage each other. The world has plenty of critics already.

Comment

• "If you have but little knowledge and you apply it, it is far better than a lot of knowledge not applied." - Sajid Kasmani

Comment

• Sins act upon the heart like poison does. If it doesnt kill it, it weakens it without doubt. Once the heart becomes weak, it is not able to defend itself against other spiritual illnesses.
                      - Ibn al-Qayyim (Zādl-Maād, 186/4)

Comment

• No one ever hurt his eyes
                        by looking on the bright side.

Comment

• "I have never regretted anything as much as my regret over a day on which the sun sets and my life span decreases while my good deeds have not increased." Ibn Mas'ud (r.a.)

Comment

• "Muslims often complain about how life hard is for them with impatience. They forget that this world was designed to be a prison for you and a heaven for the disbeliever. Perspective is everything. Don't forget that we are here only for a test."

Comment

• It is reported that some people asked Al b. Ab Tlib Allh be pleased with him to describe this worldly life (the duny). He said:
                              Do you want a long description or a brief one? They replied, a brief one. He said, Its permissible things (hall) [lead to] accounts being taken from you, and its forbidden things (harm) [lead to the] Fire.
                              Ibn Ab Al-Duny, Dham Al-Duny article 17.

Comment

• An `Aalim was asked, "Describe to me the pleasure of Jannah." He said, "In it is Rasoolullaah sallaho alayhi wa sallam

Comment

Working...
                                X