food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is not guaranteed at all...
    But death is absolutely guaranteed upon all, yet we still prepare for life more than death.
    ~ mufti menk
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
      Re: food for thought

Once Umar (Radi Allahu Anhu) said to Al-Ahnaf bin Qais (Radi Allahu Anhu):

“Oh Ahnaf, the more one laughs, the less dignity will he possess.
      Whoever jokes (excessively) is a person who will be taken lightly.
      Whoever does something frequently will known by that thing.
      Whoever speaks often, errs often; the more often one errs, the less modesty he will possess; Whomever has a low level of modesty will also have a low level of piety; and when one has a low level of piety, then his heart dies.”
      When advising another man, Umar (Radi Allahu Anhu) said,

“Do not speak about that which does not concern you.
      Know your enemy and be wary of your friend, except for the trustworthy one. And no one is trustworthy, except for the person who fears Allah.
      Do not walk with the evildoer, lest he teaches you some of his evil; and do not reveal your secrets to him.
      And when you consult others in your affairs, consult only those who fear Allah ‘Azza wa jall.”

(Sifatus-Safwah 1/149)
      (Clicking on the thread took me to page one...where this was. Jazaa'akallah khayr, dear brother. Subhaanallah.)

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
      -------------------------------
      "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
      NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri View Post

(Clicking on the thread took me to page one...where this was. Jazaa'akallah khayr, dear brother. Subhaanallah.)
        Thanks for bumping this quote I'd forgotten all about it

sahabah radiyallaho anhum said some powerful things
        The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

• Sins have many side-effects.
          One of them is that they steal knowledge from you.
          Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim (rahimuhullah)

Comment

• “As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good; I was actually being re-directed to something better. You must convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you.”

- Imam Ghazali (ra)

Comment

• Sometimes you want something really badly and you can't have it no matter how hard you try, it might be because Allah knows it's not good for you.
              Accept your Qadar and trust His Plan because Allah knows best.

-- Abu Muawiyah Ismail Kamdar

Comment

• Four People we shouldn’t take knowledge from

Imâm Mâlik – Allah have mercy on him – said:

Knowledge is not to be taken from four types of people: a foolish person who openly acts foolish, even if he reports the most narrations; an adherent of bid’ah who calls to his desires; a person who lies, even if I don’t accuse him of lying in hadîth; and a righteous pious worshipper who does not accurately retain what he narrates.

Al-Dhahabî , Siyar A’lâm Al-Nubalâ` in his biography of Imâm Mâlik.

Comment

• If you do not prepare now for the afterlife, when will you do so?
                  ~ Imam Ghazali

Comment

• Practicing a little of the Sunnah is far better than practicing many (religious) innovations.
                    ~ Ibn Masood (radiyAllahu Anhu)

Comment

• The heart will rest and feel relief if it is settled with Allah, and it will worry and be anxious if it is settled with people.
                      ~ Imam Ibn Al Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him

Comment

• When a calamity brings us closer to the Almighty, it is a gift.
                        When a gift leads us away from the Almighty, it is a calamity.
                        ~ mufti menk

Comment

• When your problems give you 100 reasons to cry, your faith in Allah should give you 1000 reasons to smile!
                          ~ Sheikh bilal Phillips

Comment

• A hardship that draws you closer to your Maker is a blessing.

-Mufti Ismail Menk

Comment

• much of the evil that most people experience is because of their friends. We have to give good consideration to whom we take as friends.” - Dr Bilal Phillips

Comment

• When you see someone who seems to have a perfect life, understand that they too are tested by Allah, but their tests are probably private.

There are many people who go through tests that nobody knows about besides them and Allah.

So don't become jealous of anybody's life as they may be going through tests that you wouldn't be able to pass.

- Abu Muawiyah Ismail Kamdar

Comment

Working...
                                X