No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• ''Cursed is the man who dies, but the evil done by him survives.''

[Imam Abu Hanifa r.a]
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• You chase the dunya and its pleasures when the dunya was the punishment for Adam (alayhi salaam) - Hassan Al-Bassr
        "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• Iman [faith] is a statement of the tongue, an action of the limbs and a belief of the heart. It increases with obedience and decreases with disobedience."

--Ibn Qudhama al-Hanbali
          (Luma Tul Itiqadh pg. 21)

Comment

• "If you do not work hard and face difficulties along your way in seeking glory, you will never taste honor and relief when you attain victory."

[Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah RahimahuAllah]

Comment

• We are a nation whom Allah has honored with Islam, and whenever we seek honor in something else, Allah will humiliate us."[Umar ibn Al-Khattab (r.a)]

Comment

• "Be not of those who curse Iblis in public yet obey him in private." 'Umar ibn 'Abdul-'Aziz

Comment

• "Truly in the heart there is a void that cannot be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that cannot be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that cannot be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness."

Comment

• "If you fail in your exams, there is always a next year. If you lose your spouse, there can be a second marriage, but if you die, there is no second chance. This life is only one opportunity

Comment

• "Know that you have three friends. The first of them is your wealth,which you shall lose at the time of death. The second of them is yourfamily, who shall leave you once you are in your grave. The third ofthem are your actions, which shall never depart from you. So befriendthat which will accompany you in your grave, and be intimate with it.The intelligent one is he who knows Allah, His commands and Hisprohibitions." [Ibn 'Ata' Allah (Taj al-'arus al-hawi li tahdhib al-nufus, 32).]

Comment

• "I fear the day when the disbelievers are proud of their falsehood, and the Muslims are shy of their faith."*Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA)

Comment

• "While you are hating your life because you can't get what you want, someone is wishing to have a life like yours!"

[Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan]

Comment

• For everything that a slave loses there is a substitute,
                            but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.
                            - Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

• "Oh feet of patience, keep going, for what remains is only a little. Remember the sweetness of worship, then the bitterness of striving will become easier for you."- Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Comment

• "I wonder at the proud man who was just a drop of semen the other day and will turn into a corpse tomorrow. I wonder at the man who doubts existence of God although he sees His creations. I wonder at him who has forgotten death although he sees people dying. I wonder at him who denies the second life although he has seen the first life. I wonder at him who inhabits this transient abode but ignores the ever-lasting abode."

Comment

Working...
                                X