No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sins are like chains and locks preventing their perpetrator from roaming the vast garden of Tawheed and reaping the fruits of righteous actions."

--Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullah)
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• As you can taste a pot full of food with a spoon, likewise someone's tongue can tell you about his heart. - Ibn Qayyim Al Jawziyyah
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal recorded from Muhammad bin Abi `Amirah, who was one of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah . He said,

=►❝If a servant fell down on his face (in prostration) from the day that he was born until the day he died as an old man, in obedience to Allah, he would scorn this act on the Day of Judgement. He would wish to be returned to this life so that he could earn more reward and compensation.❞

[Ahmad 4:185]

Comment

• How can success be achieved when the call to success is ignored?

"Hayya alal Falaah!"

-
            Mufti Ismail Menk

Comment

• One of the early scholars said to his student: What would you do if Satan entices you to sin?
              He said: I would struggle against him.

Scholar: And if he returns?
              Student: I would struggle against him.

Scholar: And if he returns again?
              Student: I would struggle against him.

The scholar told him: This can take forever. What if you are passing by some sheep and their watchdog starts barking at you, preventing you from passing, what would your action be?
              Student: I would wear it down by struggle and repel it.

Scholar: This is a lengthy process. If you go instead to the owner of the sheep, he will be able to make the dog desist.

[Source: The World Of Jinn & Devils by Umar S al-Ashqar]

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• O you, who spends his lifetime disobeying his Lord, no one amongst your enemies is wicked to you more than you are to yourself " -Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Comment

• The chewer of Hamza's liver was forgiven.

And you still doubt the Mercy of The Most Merciful?

Seek forgiveness now, as your sins are not more than His Mercy!

--Faizan Shaikh

Comment

• The graves are full of people who thought that they would practice Islam when they became old. Old age is not promised to anyone.

- Brother AbuHafsah AbdulMalik Clare

Comment

• The prophet, peace and blessings upon him, said :
                        [Al-Bukhaari & Muslim]

Comment

• ttIqtd, p77.

Comment

• The cause of jealousy and ingratitude is that with regards to ourselves, we see only our trials--but not our blessings. But with regards to others, we see only their blessings--but not their trials. -Yasmin Mogahed

Comment

• (Jazaa'akallah khayr, dear brother. Alhamdulillah. So many beautiful, beneficial gems. Allah Ta'aalaa grant us tawfeeq to internalise and act upon these. Subhaanallah. Living by even a few of these would make such a difference, you'd imagine.
                              Baarakallah feek.)
                              Last edited by Fakhri; 21-12-17, 05:46 AM.
                              LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                              -------------------------------
                              "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                              NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

• "A man who examines the saddle and bridle and not the animal itself when he is out to buy a horse is a fool; similarly, only an absolute fool values a man according to his clothes, or according to his position, which after all is only something we wear like clothing." Seneca

Comment

Working...
                                X