Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: food for thought

:salams

What is this world but a dream that a sleeper sees - he delights in it for a few moments, and then wakes up to face reality.

~Hasan Al-Basree.
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

“He who does not show gratitude to Allah upon His blessings has essentially made du῾ā’ for those blessings to be taken away from him.”
      Imam Haarith al Muhaasibi.
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

The one who is truly imprisoned is the one whose heart is imprisoned from Allah swt and the captivated one is the one whose desires have enslaved him.

~Ibnul-Qayyim.

Comment

Your souls are precious and can only be equal the price of Paradise, therefore sell them only for that.

[Ali radi Allah anhu]

Comment

"Sins need to be burnt, either with the pain of regret in this world or with the fire of Hell in the hereafter."

~Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Comment

"What has he found who has lost Allah swt, and what has he discovered who has found Allah swt? They can never be equal; the one who has found Allah swt has found everything, and the one who has lost Him and lost everything."

Unknown

Comment

"It is pointless to watch other people's houses crumbling when your own house is in need of repair and attention."

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Ibn Qayyim RA said: Adam AS was taken out of Jannah, while he was in it. He was taken out because of a single sin that he did. And you are constantly doing sins, while outside of Jannah, yet hoping to enter Jannah.

Comment

"Whenever a rope tightens, it snaps; and the same holds true for hardships: When a hardship becomes too hard to bear, it snaps, making way for ease, comfort, and better days." [ Dr Aa'id al-Qarni ]

Comment

Detachment from the Dunya is not that you should own nothing, but that nothing should own you.
                        ~ Ali Ibn Abi Thalib R.A

Comment

Whoever loves this worldly life, will estimate its value, and he will make himself a slave to it, and it will humiliate him. And whoever neglects it, will notice his great value, and it will serve him, and it will humiliate itself for him.

Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

“Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul. Rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord."

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

"How odd, that some people mourn for the one whose body has died, but never mourn for the one whose heart has died, & yet the death of the heart is far more serious."

Comment

Working...
                                X