Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: food for thought

:salams

The heart will rest and feel relief if it is settled with Allah and it will worry and be anxious if it is settled with people. - Ibn Qayyim
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

"My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)
      The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

He whom Allah has predestined to enter Paradise, the reasons which will cause his entrance shall spring from calamities; and he whom Allah has predestined to enter the Hellfire, the reasons which will cause his entrance shall spring from lusts.” Ibn Al-Qayyim

Comment

“Do not resent the calamities that come and the disasters that occur; perhaps in something that you dislike will be your salvation, and perhaps in something that you prefer will be your doom.”- Hassan al Basri

Comment

True knowledge is not mentioned in relation to how much you memorise and then narrate, but rather, true knowledge is an expression of piety. - Ibn Mas'ud (radhiyallahu 'anhu)

Comment

"When people walk away from you. let them go...
              Your destiny is never tied to anybody who leaves you & it doesn't mean that they are bad....

It means that their part in your story is over.."

Comment

"Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness." — Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

Never get tired of doing little things for others

Comment

"Go easy on yourself, for the outcome of all affairs is determined by God's decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come your way, but if it is your by destiny, from you it cannot flee."

Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (RA)

Comment

"Only God can judge me now" does not remove the fact that you are still committing a sin. Thus don't look for comfort in such statement, but instead one should be in fear when saying something like that. Don't look at the "smallness of your sins" look at the greatness of the one you sin against.

Comment

Whoever respects and honours you, has in reality neither respected nor honoured you, but he has respected and honoured the act of Divine Concealment (i.e. Allah's act of concealing your defects).

Comment

Ibn Qayyim RA said: Adam AS was taken out of Jannah, while he was in it. He was taken out because of a single sin that he did. And you are constantly doing sins, while outside of Jannah, yet hoping to enter Jannah.

Comment

Abdull‚h b, ‘Abb‚s reports that ‘Umar b. Al-Khatt‚b – All‚h be pleased with them – said:

I used to have a neighbor from the Ans‚r who lived in the area of BanÓ Umayyah b. Zayd, which is in the ‘Aw‚lÓ of Medinah, and we used to take turns attending [the gatherings] of All‚h’s Messenger – All‚h’s praise and peace be upon him. My neighbor would attend one day and I the other; so when I attended I would convey to him the reports about the revelation that had come, and other such news, and when he attended he would do the same.

My Ans‚rÓ companion went on one of his days, and [upon returning] came to my door and knocked hard saying, ‘Is he there?’ I was alarmed and came out to him, and he said, ‘Something serious has happened (some people thought the Prophet had divorced his wives).’ I entered upon Hafsah and found her weeping. I said, ‘Has All‚h’s Messenger – All‚h’s praise and peace be upon him – divorced you [all]?’ She replied, ‘I don’t know.’ Then, I came to the Prophet – All‚h’s praise and peace be upon him – and asked him, still standing, ‘Have you divorced your women?’ He said, ‘No’, so I said, ‘ All‚hu Akbar (All‚h is Greatest).’

Al-Bukh‚rÓ, Al-SahÓh, Chapter on Taking Turns in Seeking Knowledge.

Comment

Jabir bin Abdullah reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) happened to walk through the market coming from the side of 'Aliya and the people were on both his sides. There he found a dead lamb with very short ears. He took hold of his ear and said: Who amongst you would like to have this for a dirham? They said: We do not like to have it even for less than that as it is of no use to us. He said: Do you wish to have it (free of any cost)? They said: By Allah, even if it was alive (we would not have liked to possess that), for there is defect in it as its ear is very short; now it is dead also. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: By Allah, this world is more insignificant in the eye of Allah as it (this dead lamb) is in your eye. Sahih Muslim Book 42, Number 7059.

Comment

:jkk: [MENTION=102417]Al-Mualim[/MENTION] for finding that hadith ^^
                                Sorry bro I was distracted when I posted it should have mentioned you

Comment

Working...
                                X