Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: food for thought

:salams

Everyone wants to hear there is a second chance but if you wait to long there will be no more chances. Prepare now!
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

We spend our whole life worrying about

"What will People Say!"

And finally, people just say

إنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون
      :(
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

"Everyone that disagrees with you isn't a hater. Everyone that applauds you isn't your friend. Know the difference"
        It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
        "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

# Saying that Islam is in heart, is similar to giving back the exam's paper completely white and saying : knowledge is in brain.

Comment

"If you have but little knowledge and you apply it, it is far better than a lot of knowledge not applied." - Sajid Kasmani

Comment

“Sins act upon the heart like poison does. If it doesn’t kill it, it weakens it without doubt. Once the heart becomes weak, it is not able to defend itself against other spiritual illnesses.”
              - Ibn al-Qayyim (Zād’l-Ma‘ād, 186/4)

Comment

Use your smile to change the world, don't let the world change your smile. -Sh Younus Palanpuri

Comment

I have never regretted anything as much as my regret over a day on which the sun sets and my life span decreases while my good deeds have not increased." Ibn Mas'ud (r.a.)

Comment

“The believer in this world is like a stranger: he does not become upset when it puts him down, and he does not compete for it to make him honorable. The people are in a certain state, and he is in another state: the people are relieved of him, and he is exhausted of himself.” - al-Hasan al-Basri

Comment

Never do I argue with a man with a desire to hear him say
                      what is wrong, or to expose him and win victory over him.
                      Whenever I face an opponent in debate I silently pray -
                      O Lord, help him so that truth may flow from his heart
                      and on his tongue, and so that if truth is on my side, he may follow me;
                      and if truth be on his side, I may follow him. - Imam Al-Shafi (rahimullah)

Comment

What can my enemies do to me? My paradise is in my heart, it is with
                        me wherever I go. To imprison me is to provide me with seclusion. To
                        send me into exile is to send me away in the Path of Allah. And to kill
                        me is to make me a martyr.
                        - Ibn Taymeeyah

Comment

You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

- Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Sometimes things are not what they seem , you have to look beyond what you see.

Comment

It is related that Abu 'Uthman was once riding in the street when a pot
                              of ashes was thrown down upon him. He dismounted, and prostrated
                              himself to God in gratitude, and then brushed the ashes from his
                              clothes without saying a word. 'Shall you not rebuke them?' he was
                              asked, but he replied, 'A man who deserves hellfire but receives only
                              ashes cannot fairly be angry'.

Comment

“Yearning for Allah and His meeting is like the gentle breeze blowing upon the heart, extinguishing the blaze of the Dunya. Whosoever caused his heart to settle with his Lord shall be in a state, calm and tranquility, and whosoever sent it amongst the people shall be disturbed and excessively perturbed.” - Ibn al Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Comment

Working...
                                X