Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: food for thought

:salams

"To some, Islam is nothing but a code of rules and regulations.But,to those who Understand, it is a perfect vision of Life." - Yasmin Mogahed
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

"Sometimes you'll come across someone who isn't the smartest, Wealthiest or most popular but they have the best Manners. Keep their company"
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

"When Allah granted Prophet Yoosuf (`alayhis-Salaam) physical beauty it caused him to be locked up in the prison; but when Allah granted him knowledge (when he interpreted the dream of the king) it not only took him out of prison, but elevated his rank in society, clearly showing us the virtue of knowledge and that physical beauty does not mean anything."

Ibn al Qayyim [Al-‘Ilm wa Fadhluhu wa Sharafuhu p. 32].

Comment

It was narrated from Thabit that Anas said:

"We were with Abu Moosa on a journey, and the people were talking and mentioning worldly matters. Abu Moosa said:

'0 Anas, these people are talking too much. Come, let us remember our Lord for a while.' Then he said: 'What slowed the people down (in pursuing matters of the hereafter)?' I said: 'Worldly matters, Satan and whims and desires.' He said:

'No, it is the fact that this world is close, and they can see it, while the hereafter is hidden from them. By Allah, if they could see it with their own eyes, they would not drift or turn away from it."'

- Tafseer al Qurtubi under the tafseer of verse 16 of Surat Al-'A'la

Comment

Dunya will beg you to fall in love, and then as soon as you do, will break your heart.
            ~ Ustadha Yasmin Mogahed

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said:

“Allah, the angels, the inhabitants of heaven and earth, even the ant in its hole and even the fish in the sea, send blessings upon the one who teaches the people good.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2609; classes as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami‘, 1838)

Comment

Are you ready for your death today?

If that question makes you feel uneasy then it is time to make some changes in your life today!

Comment

Veey nice and interesting.

Comment

I tell you to keep going, not because it’s easy. Not because it doesn’t hurt. I tell you to keep going because there’s no other way. To stop is to die. Life is in motion. In growth. In change. Life is in seeking and in finding. Life is in redemption. Each moment is a new birth. A new chance to come back, to get it right. 
A new chance to make it better.

— Yasmin Mogahed

Comment

“When we wake up in the morning, we have two simple choices. Go back to sleep and dream, or wake up and chase those dreams.

Comment

Don't be shallow, not only over physical and material things but with all matters. Seek deeper in all truths.

-Me
                          Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
                          In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
                          USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
                          (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                            Don't be shallow, not only over physical and material things but with all matters. Seek deeper in all truths.

-Me
                            :jkk:

Comment

Dhikr (remembrance of Allah) is to the heart as water is to a fish; see what happens to a fish when it is taken out of water - Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

Travellers don't fall in love with their hotel room. Just like that a person is not meant to fall in love with this world
                                ~Sh Kamaluddin DB

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X