Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: food for thought

:salams

We are a nation whom Allah has honored with Islam, and whenever we seek honor in something else, Allah will humiliate us."[Umar ibn Al-Khattab (r.a)]
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

"Truly in the heart there is a void that cannot be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that cannot be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that cannot be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness."
      The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

"If you fail in your exams, there is always a next year. If you lose your spouse, there can be a second marriage, but if you die, there is no second chance. This life is only one opportunity."

Comment

Is-haaq ibn Abi Israaeel said: I heard Sufyaan ibn `Uyainah (rahimahullah) saying:

“There is no blessing, which Allaah bestowed upon His slaves, better than what He taught them about “Laa ilaaha illAllaah” (There is no deity worthy of being worshiped except Allaah). For verily “Laa ilaaha illAllaah” for them in the Hereafter will be like how water is for the people of the Dunyaa.”

[Tahdheeb Al-Kamaal by Al-Mizzee (11/191)]

Comment

"I fear the day when the disbelievers are proud of their falsehood, and the Muslims are shy of their faith."Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA)

Comment

For everything that a slave loses there is a substitute,
              but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.
              - Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

"While you are hating your life because you can't get what you want, someone is wishing to have a life like yours!"

Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

“Abul-Mulaih woud feel joy and happiness when remembring Allaah. He would say: “My joy is in my Lord’s remembering me. He the Glorified and Most High has said: “Remember me, I will remember you”. If he was walking a path, absent-mindedly he would begin to praise Allah and remember Him even if it was for only a little while. He would say: “Verily, I love for all the places I pass remembering Allah (in order for them) to give wittness for me on the Day of Judgement”.

[“Min Akhlaaq As-Salaf”, 52].
                  https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Al-Hasan Al-Basree:

“To endure short-lived difficulties that are followed by long lasting ease, is better than hurrying for a short-lived ease that is followed by ever-lasting hardship.”

Comment

There are many educated people who have ruined their future on account of their ignorance of religion. Their knowledge did not prove of any avail to them.

Comment

Knowledge is better than wealth. Knowledge guards you while you have to guard wealth. Wealth decreases by spending while knowledge increases by spending, and the results of wealth die as wealth decay. With it a man acquires obedience during his lifetime and a good name after his death. Knowledge is a ruler while wealth is ruled upon.

Comment

"I wonder at the proud man who was just a drop of semen the other day and will turn into a corpse tomorrow. I wonder at the man who doubts existence of God although he sees His creations. I wonder at him who has forgotten death although he sees people dying. I wonder at him who denies the second life although he has seen the first life. I wonder at him who inhabits this transient abode but ignores the ever-lasting abode."

Comment

When Allah is for you, what difference does it make who is against you?

Comment

The bigger the problem, the greater the lessons.
                              The more patience that is required, the greater the reward.

-AbdulBary Yahya

Comment

"Deeds without sincerity are like a traveler who carries in his water-jug dirt. The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit."

- Ibnul Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him).

Comment

Working...
                                X