food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: food for thought

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “I swear by Him in whose hand is my soul, if you were a people who did not commit sin, Allah would take you away and replace you with a people who would sin and then seek Allah’s forgiveness so He could forgive them.” [Sahīh Muslim (2687)]
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no calamity that befalls a Muslim but Allaah expiates (sin) thereby, even a thorn that pricks him.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5640; Muslim, 2572.
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
      [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

:salams

One of the Salaaf said: "Beware of the life of this world because its magic is more effective than that of Harut and Marut. The two latter's separate a man from his wife whereas the life of this world separates a man from his Rabb."
        The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
        ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

" Hearts are like cooking pots. They boil whatever is in them. And the scooping spoons of these pots, are the tongue. Henceforth, look to a person whenever he speaks. For sure, his tongue will scoop up for you what is simmering in his heart; whether it's something sweet or sour, fresh or stale. "

~Ibn al- Qayyim
          The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

It doesn't mean that one shouldn't enjoy life, but that when one understands that the "complete happiness" they are looking for in this dunya doesn't exist here, then it becomes easier to go thru trials and to work for your akhirah."

~Sh. Muhammad Alshareef

Comment

One of the biggest things in life is when you sit down and make genuine dua to Allah and you can literally feel your heart finding ease. It's like the mountains of worries in your heart suddenly crumble and you feel Allah personally taking your worries and saying :Whoever puts his trust in Allah; He will be enough for him" (65:3)
              “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.” ~ Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

“As for the weeping of the Prophet (saw) it was in the
                  same degree as his laughter. He wouldn’t sob loudly and
                  raise his voice, just like his laughter wasn’t loud.
                  However his eyes would fill up with tears, until they
                  flowed out, and you would hear the sound like that of a
                  whistling kettle coming from his chest. He would weep
                  out of mercy for the dead, out of fear and compassion
                  for his ummah, out of deep fear of Allah, upon
                  listening to the Qur’an. And it was a weeping of longing, love and exaltation, accompanied by fear and khashyah”.

~Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

"Avoidance of sin is lighter than the pain of remorse."

Comment

Imam ash-Shaafi`ee - rahimahullaah - said:

"When it comes to my provisions, I rely upon Allah, my Creator; And I know with certainty that He will no doubt provide for me. Whatever’s in my due, will not pass me by, Even if it were to be in the depths of the sea. Allah the Exalted will bring it forth by His Grace, Even if I were to remain silent over it. So, what... can a soul feel sorrow over, When the Most Merciful has set the provisions of the creation?"

Comment

If my thanking Allah for His blessings is a blessing,
                        then I must thank Him in the same measure again.
                        How can one thank Him save by His grace
                        as time goes on, and life goes by?
                        My only excuse is that I am inadequate
                        but my excuse is a confession that I have no excuse.

Ibn Abi’l-Dunya

Comment

Hatim al-Asam said, “The one who delays four things until four others will find Paradise – sleep until the grave, pride until the accounting [of good and bad deeds], repose until after the crossing of the Siraat, and desires until entering Paradise.”

Comment

Leave the world to those who hanker after it, as they leave the Afterlife to its seekers. And be in this world as the bee: it eats only good, produces only good, and when it rests upon anything it neither ruins it nor deflowers it.”

Comment

Never do i argue with a man with a desire to hear him say what is wrong, or to expose him and win victory over him. When ever i face an opponent in debate I silently pray :-

"O Lord, help me so that truth may flow from his heart and on his tongue and so that if truth is on my side, he may follow me; and if truth be on his side may I follow him."

- Imam Ash-Shafi (Rahimullah)

Comment

All Muslims should be in the real estate business, trying to purchase as many palaces in Jannah as possible."

- Yawar Baig

Comment

Working...
                                X