X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: food for thought

Originally posted by cupboard View Post
    :wswrwb:

Nabi Isa ibn Maryam alaihis salam used to said "Do not speak much without the mention of Allah for you will harden your hearts. A hard heart is far from Allah, but you do not know. Do not look at the wrong actions of people as if you were lords. Look at your wrong actions as if you were slaves. Some people are afflicted by wrong action and some people are protected from it. Be merciful to the people of affliction and praise Allah for His protection." (Muwatta of Imam Malik)
    (Unable to rep, so, :jkk: for this post and for bringing that mistake to my attention. So very careless. I've contacted moderators to try to change it.)
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

:salams:

"Whoever competes with you in your Deen [Religion], then compete with him, but whoever competes with you in your Dunya [Worldly Matters], then throw it to him"
      -Imaam al-Hasan al-Basri
      What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?

We worry about tomorrow as if its guaranteed

Comment

Yunus Bin ‘Abdullaah said:

“What is the matter with me? When I lose a chicken I feel concerned, but when I miss the prayer in congregation, it does not grieve me.” [Hilyat al Awliya, 3/19]

Comment

Those before you used to give
          to their worldly affairs what
          was left over from their pursuit
          of the hereafter. But today you
          give to the matters of the hereafter,
          the leftovers from your pursuit of
          worldly affairs. 'Awn ibn 'Abdillah.
          Quoted by Abi Nu'aym in
          Hilyat al `Awliya.

Comment

Imam Ahmad was asked, “When is there rest?”
            He answered, “When you put your foot in Paradise, you will find rest.”

Comment

This dunya is like a shadow. If you try to catch it, you will never be able to do so. If you turn your back towards it, it has no choice but to follow you.
              -Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah

Comment

`Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) said, “Allāh has concealed two within two: He has concealed His pleasure in righteous acts, so one does not know which righteous act of his pleases Allah; and He has concealed His awliyā’ amongst His servants, so one does not know which servant of Allāh is His walī.”

Comment

::salams:

How is possible for one's heart to be certain that one is going to meet Allah swt, that Allah swt sees and hears all that he does, and knows his secrets, and that he will be be made to stand before Allah swt, answerable for all his deeds - how can one be certain and aware of all this, and yet persists upon things which displease Allah: persists abandoning Allah's orders, neglecting His rights, and yet claims he has good expectation of Allah?

~Ibnul-Qayyim.

Comment

If I were to backbite against anyone, it would be about my parents, for they have more right to my good deeds.

~Abdullah Ibn-Mubarak.

Comment

The one who is truly imprisoned is the one whose heart is imprisoned from Allah swt and the captivated one is the one whose desires have enslaved him.

~Ibnul-Qayyim.

Comment

Your souls are precious and can only be equal the price of Paradise, therefore sell them only for that.

[Ali radi Allah anhu]

Comment

Whoever loves this Dunya and is pleased by it, then he should know that love of the akhira is leaving their heart because the two cannot co-exist in one heart.

~Hassan Al-Basree.

Comment

"What has he found who has lost Allah swt, and what has he discovered who has found Allah swt? They can never be equal; the one who has found Allah swt has found everything, and the one who has lost Him has lost everything."

~Unknown

Comment

"It is pointless to watch other people's houses crumbling when your own house is in need of repair and attention."

Comment

Ibn Qayyim RA said: Adam AS was taken out of Jannah, while he was in it. He was taken out because of a single sin that he did. And you are constantly doing sins, while outside of Jannah, yet hoping to enter Jannah.

Comment

Working...
                                X