Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: food for thought

:salams:
    The Righteous Salaf were as fearful of their good deeds being squandered, or not being accepted, as the present generation is certain that their neglect would be forgiven.
    Hasan of Basra
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

When a man sought knowledge, it would not be long before it could be seen in his humbleness, his sight, upon his tongue and his hands, in his prayer, in his speech and in his disinterest (zuhd) in worldly allurements. And a man would acquire a portion of knowledge and put it into practice, and it would be better for him than the world and all it contains - if he owned it he would give it in exchange for the hereafter.
      Hasan of Basra
      The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

The dunyâ distracts and preoccupies the heart and body, but al-zuhd (asceticism, not giving importance to worldly things) gives rest to the heart and body. Verily, Allâh will ask us about the halâl things we enjoyed, so what about the harâm!
        Hasan of Basra

Comment

Whoever does not hold his tongue cannot understand his deen.
          Hasan of Basra

Comment

We met a people who loved it when it was said to them “Fear Allah the most high!“. Today you find people become annoyed at this.
            Sufyan al-Thawri

Comment

The slave's fear of Allah is as substantial as his knowledge of Him, and his disinterest in this life is as substantial as his interest in the Hereafter.
              “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

If Shaytan defeated me yesterday, I will defeat him today with repentance and good deeds
                Sufyan al-Thawri

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

If Shaytan defeated me yesterday, I will defeat him today with repentance and good deeds
                  Sufyan al-Thawri
                  Alhamdulillah^ Fantastic. Such a great way to look at things.

(:jkk: I don't think I'll get tired of saying this, but I love this thread. Alhamdulillah. )
                  LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                  -------------------------------
                  "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                  NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                    Alhamdulillah^ Fantastic. Such a great way to look at things.

(:jkk: I don't think I'll get tired of saying this, but I love this thread. Alhamdulillah. )
                    Wa iyaak my bro, alhamdulilah that someone is benefiting

:jkk: to the other users who chip in with quotes too Alhamdulilah

Comment

The sahaba used to do the sunnah because it was sunnah, we leave the sunnah because it is sunnah- Marwa Saad
                      very true... Our iman is really weak

Comment

Perhaps a great deed is belittled by an intention. And perhaps a small deed, by sincere intention, is made great
                        Abdullah ibn Mubarak

Comment

If you desire the path of sincerity, develop a love for obscurity. Flee from the clatter and clinks of fame. Be like the roots of a tree; it keeps the tree upright and gives it life, but it itself is hidden underneath the earth and eyes cannot see it.
                          Abdullah ibn Mubarak

Comment

If you desire the path of sincerity, develop a love for obscurity. Flee from the clatter and clinks of fame. Be like the roots of a tree; it keeps the tree upright and gives it life, but it itself is hidden underneath the earth and eyes cannot see it.
                            Abdullah ibn Mubarak

:wswrwb:

:up:
                            ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                            "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                            :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Sins slowly suffocate the heart, and abandoning sins brings life to the heart.
                              Abdullah ibn Mubarak

Comment

A calamity that makes you turn to Allah is better for you than a blessing which makes you forget the remembrance of Allah.

–Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

Working...
                                X