Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: food for thought

:salams:

Patience is that the heart does not feel anger towards that which is destined and that the mouth does not complain.
    Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya
    What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?

We worry about tomorrow as if its guaranteed

Comment

When Allah granted Prophet Yoosuf (`alayhis-Salaam) physical beauty it caused him to be locked up in the prison; but when Allah granted him knowledge (when he interpreted the dream of the king) it not only took him out of prison, but elevated his rank in society, clearly showing us the virtue of knowledge and that physical beauty does not mean anything.
      Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

What really counts are good endings, not flawed beginnings.
        Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

Guilt is a gift from Allah, warning you that what you are doing is violating your soul...
          “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

It is strange that a person may find it easy to protect himself from: eating Haraam, oppression and injustice, adultery, theft, drinking khamr (alcoholic drinks), and from unlawful looking, but it is hard for him to restrain the movement of his tongue. How often do we see people who are very cautious about falling into shameful deeds or injustice, but their tongue lashes against the living and the dead and they don't mind it?
            Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

Dhikr (remembrance of Allah) is to the heart as water is to a fish; see what happens to a fish when it is taken out of water
              Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never miss me, and that what misses me was never meant for me.
                Al-Shafi‘i

Comment

Wealth remains behind on earth while ibadaah accompanies you into the grave.
                  Al-Shafi‘i

Comment

Be hard on yourself, easy on others.
                    Al-Shafi‘i

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Be hard on yourself, easy on others.
                      Al-Shafi‘i
                      :jkk:
                      Ya Allah,
                      Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
                      "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

How strange! You seek guidance, yet you do not tread its path, surely a boat does not sail on land.
                        Al-Shafi‘i

Comment

To be able to thank Allah for a blessing is a blessing within itself.
                          Al-Shafi‘i

Comment

Do not vie with others in the accumulation of wealth. Vie with them in Ibadaah.
                            Al-Shafi‘i

Comment

Only that which was effective for the first of this community will be effective for the last of it
                              Malik ibn Anas

Comment

Khashyah (fear) is to fear Allah until His fear comes between you and your sins - that is true khashyah. And Dhikr (remembrance) is to obey Allah so whoever obeys Him has indeed remembered Him, and whoever does not obey Him is not a dhakir - even if he makes abundant tasbih (glorification) and recites much of Qur'an.
                                Ibn Sirin

Comment

Working...
                                X