food for thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: food for thought

"Sometimes the Almighty creates situations of distress to help us recognize Him, turn to Him, realize our wrongdoings, and become sincere."

-Mufti Ismail Menk
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

Could I add a few? :-)

"I'm not worried about Allah not accepting my prayers, but I am worried about the way I pray to Allah" - Umar Ibn Al-Khattab RadhiAllahu Anhu

Comment

Don't rush your Salah for anything as you're standing in front of The One Who is in charge of whatever you are rushing for.
        It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
        "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

How many blind people would pay anything to be able to read the Qur’an,
          how many deaf people would pay anything to be able hear the Azan,
          … You see; we’re very rich, but just not grateful… “

“And few of My servants are grateful.”
          [Quran 34:13]

Comment

It was said to Imam Ahmad (may Allah have mercy on him):

‘May Allah reward you for the good you have (done) for Islam.’

He said:

‘RATHER, ALLAH HAS (DONE) GOOD FOR ME THROUGH ISLAM. WHO AM I, AND WHAT AM I?’”

- Quoted by Imam Dhahabi in As-siyar a'lam an-nubala (11/225)

Comment

Ibn-ul-Qayyim (rahimahullah) :

❝ The year is like a tree, months are its branches, days are the branch sticks, hours are its leaves, and the breaths are its fruits. Therefore, if one's breaths are in obedience [to Allah and His Messenger], the fruits of his tree are good. If they are in disobedience, his fruits are bitter. The harvest is on the Appointed Day, when one's fruits are found out to be either good or bitter.❞

Comment

Trials and tribulation are feeling the heat and the cold, when one knows that they cannot be avoided, he will not feel anger at their onset, nor will he be distressed of disheartened. (Ibn al-Qayyim, al-Madaarij 3/289)
                I think ibn qayyim said this but I'm not sure

Comment

"Do not judge the Truth by the man, but the man by the Truth" Ali Ibn Abu Talib(RA)

Comment

Trials make you grow, grow to be a better person by testing your patience and tolerance. Trials make you stronger, give you courage to push yourself further. Trials teach you never to give up and give you hope.
                    Most importantly Trials remind you of Allah, to bring you closer to Allah and that bond is makes the trials worthwhile.

Comment

There are many pieces that make up our lives: Moments that break us. Moments that raise and shape us. Decisions we make to hold on. Or let go. People who enter our lives and leave us changed forever. The ones we love, the ones that hurt us, or heal us, or leave us. Sometimes we don't understand these pieces—or even despair over them. It’s only when time goes by and we look back, that we suddenly can see our whole life like a perfectly designed puzzle.
                      Don’t be afraid of the puzzle piece you’re in now. It will fit perfectly…just like the rest. How could it not? The Designer is perfect.

- Yasmin Mogahed

Comment

If you don't want to pay dearly for your mistakes, sincerely repent now!

-AbdulBary Yahya

Comment

Sometimes Allah withholds something from you, not because you dont deserve it, but because you deserve better!

Shaykh Muhammad Abdul Jabbar

Comment

When you forget that you need Allah, He puts you in a situation that causes you to call upon Him. And that’s for your own good.
                            ~ Sheikh Omar Suleiman

Comment

“As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good; I was actually being re-directed to something better. You must convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you.”

- Imam Ghazali (ra)

Comment

Sometimes you want something really badly and you can't have it no matter how hard you try, it might be because Allah knows it's not good for you.
                                Accept your Qadar and trust His Plan because Allah knows best.

-- Abu Muawiyah Ismail Kamdar

Comment

Working...
                                X