• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: food for thought

:salams:

Imam Ahmad was asked, “When is there rest?”
    He answered, “When you put your foot in Paradise, you will find rest.”
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

What has he found who has lost Allah swt, and what has he discovered who has found Allah swt? They can never be equal; the one who has found Allah swt has found everything, and the one who has lost Him and lost everything."

~Unknown
      The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

Whoever loves this worldly life, will estimate its value, and he will make himself a slave to it, and it will humiliate him. And whoever neglects it, will notice his great value, and it will serve him, and it will humiliate itself for him.

(Ibn al-Qayyim)

Comment

"How odd, that some people mourn for the one whose body has died, but never mourn for the one whose heart has died, & yet the death of the heart is far more serious."

Comment

A'ishah narrated:

"Once, when I saw the Prophet in a good mood, I said to him: "O Messenger of Allah! Supplicate to Allah for me!"

So, he said: "O Allah! Forgive 'A'ishah her past and future sins, what she has hidden, as well as what she has made apparent."

So, I began smiling, to the point that my head fell into my lap out of joy.

The Messenger of Allah said to me: "Does my supplication make you happy?"

I replied: "And how can your supplication not make me happy?"

He then said: "By Allah, it is the supplication that I make for my Ummah in every prayer.""

[Reported in 'Sahih Mawarid adh-Dhaman' (# 1875), and it is in 'as-Silsilah as-Sahihah' (# 2254)]

Comment

Hatim al-Asam said, “The one who delays four things until four others will find Paradise – sleep until the grave, pride until the accounting [of good and bad deeds], repose until after the crossing of the Siraat, and desires until entering Paradise.”

Comment

Said one of the zuhhåd: "I can never imagine that someone could hear about Paradise and Hellfire and can still waste an hour without performing any act of obedience to Allaah; neither remembrance, prayer, reciting Quraan nor an act of charity or kindness.”

Someone said to him: "I weep profusely."

He replied: “That you laugh while confessing your sin is better than weeping yet being puffed-up with pride because of your deeds. For the deeds of a conceited person will never rise above his head.”

The person then requested: "Please counsel me."

So he replied: “Leave the world to those who hanker after it, as they leave the Afterlife to its seekers. And be in this world as the bee: it eats only good, produces only good, and when it rests upon anything it neither ruins it nor deflowers it.”

Al Fawaa-id, Ibn al Qayyim al Jawziyyah (rahimahullaah), Pg.187

Comment

Allah has a plan for your life, so pray for direction to follow it... patience to wait on it and knowledge to know when it comes.
                  “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

Whoever proposes to the world, then the world would not be satisfied until he gave up his Deen as dowry.
                    [Malik bin Dinar]

Comment

While you are reading this sentence, thousands of chemicals react in your eyes. Each of them, much more complex then you can imagine.More complex then the screen you are gazing at. Of course a Hi-Tech company built your screen, then who built your eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                        :salams:While you are reading this sentence, thousands of chemicals react in your eyes. Each of them, much more complex then you can imagine.More complex then the screen you are gazing at. Of course a Hi-Tech company built your screen, then who built your eyes?
                        :sub:
                        “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
                          :sub:
                          Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

While you are reading this sentence, thousands of chemicals react in your eyes. Each of them, much more complex then you can imagine.More complex then the screen you are gazing at. Of course a Hi-Tech company built your screen, then who built your eyes?
                          SubhanAllah.

And if you were to count Allah's favors, you would not be able to number them; most surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. [Sūrah al-Nahl: 18]

Similarly in the same process while those chemicals react, the eye is also analysing thousands of other things, colours, distance of objects, which object to focus on, which is important.

Another food for though. When you are sleeping how does your brain determine which noise it should wake upto and which nose to ignore?

The existence of Allah swt is undeniable.
                          Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Do not resent the calamities that come and the disasters that occur; perhaps in something that you dislike will be your salvation, and perhaps in something that you prefer will be your doom.”- Hassan al Basri

Comment

Sometimes we forget to be thankful and grateful for things, because they become routine for us, and life has such a fast moving pace that we have to stop and reflect
                              And it's so important to do so. Did you thank Allah s.w.t for good health today? I felt a lot of pain in the past few days, and it made me realise how sometimes I take health for granted. Everything is due to Allah s.w.t will. And appreciate every big and little thing. Because it is a mercy, it is a blessing, because we are not entitled to anything.
                              And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                              [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Seeking Islamic knowledge is so important, even if you just know the basics.. learn a little everyday and be consistent, no one learns everything in a day, week, month, year or lifetime. There will always be more to know. Don't feel inferior if people know a lot more than you.. and don't feel like giving up, or in a state of despair/hopelessness. You know why.. seeking knowledge is compulsory upon us, it's so important. And we all have different upbringings.. some of us were brought up knowing a lot, some of us literally the very basics.. some of us, nothing (reverts particularly). But we can't change the past or how we were brought up, but we can try to change the present and the future, Insha ' Allah. Start learning.. don't feel overwhelmed. Begin in things that are Fardth, compulsory, and things which are the foundation, for other things to build upon. Whether you're young old, know the basics or a lot.. never feel like you're so behind, because we have to try our best, Insha ' Allah, and always try to seek knowledge, we are all on very different levels, and that makes us human too.
                                And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                                [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Working...
                                X