• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: food for thought

Originally posted by catsmith View Post
    This right here. I need to remind myself before every prayer
    Me too subhannallah.
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

:jkk:

Comment

''It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is, better still to sit with the good than alone. It is better to speak to a seeker of knowledge than to remain silent; but silence is better than idle words.''
        The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

"Truly in the heart there is a void that cannot be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that cannot be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that cannot be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness."

Comment

"If you fail in your exams, there is always a next year. If you lose your spouse, there can be a second marriage, but if you die, there is no second chance. This life is only one opportunity."
            Turn back to Allah before it's too late

Comment

Dua heals all negativity, hurt, anger, worries and depression. Pray to Allah daily.
              “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

"I fear the day when the disbelievers are proud of their falsehood, and the Muslims are shy of their faith." Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA)

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                  "I fear the day when the disbelievers are proud of their falsehood, and the Muslims are shy of their faith." Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA)
                  :salams

That's the UK in a nutshell.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
                    :salams

That's the UK in a nutshell.
                    :salams:
                    Basically the world in a nutshell

Comment

Knowledge is better than wealth. Knowledge guards you while you have to guard wealth. Wealth decreases by spending while knowledge increases by spending, and the results of wealth die as wealth decay. With it a man acquires obedience during his lifetime and a good name after his death. Knowledge is a ruler while wealth is ruled upon.

Acquire knowledge, because he who acquires it, in the way of the Lord, performs an act of piety; who speaks of it praises the Lord; who seeks it, adores God, who dispenses instruction in it, bestows alms; and who imparts it to its fitting objects, performs an act of devotion to God. Knowledge enables its possessor to distinguish what is forbidden from what is not; lights the way to Heaven; it is our friend in the desert, our companion in solitude, our companion, when bereft of friends; it guides us to happiness; it sustains us in misery; it is our ornament in the company of friends; it serves as an armour against our enemies. With knowledge, the creatures of Allah rise to the heights of goodness and to noble position, associates with the sovereigns in this world and attains the perfection of happiness in the next.

There are many educated people who have ruined their future on account of their ignorance of religion. Their knowledge did not prove of any avail to them.

A friend cannot be considered a friend unless he is tested on three occasions: in time of need, behind your back and after your death.

I wonder at the proud man who was just a drop of semen the other day and will turn into a corpse tomorrow. I wonder at the man who doubts existence of God although he sees His creations. I wonder at him who has forgotten death although he sees people dying. I wonder at him who denies the second life although he has seen the first life. I wonder at him who inhabits this transient abode but ignores the ever-lasting abode. (I'm not sure who the author of this is)

Comment

When you're doing the right thing, don't expect everyone to be happy with it.
                        If Allah is pleased with your actions, you'll be pleased with the end result.

~AbdulBary Yahya

Comment

How many blind people would pay anything to be able to read the Qur’an,
                          how many deaf people would pay anything to be able hear the Azan,
                          … You see; we’re very rich, but just not grateful… “

“And few of My servants are grateful.”
                          [Quran 34:13]

Comment

Worrying about the future won't change your destiny. Just live. Have a heart full of trust that Allah only wants the best for you!
                            “Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

One of the salaf (early generation) said: "A person may commit a sin and enter Paradise because of it, or he may do a righteous deed and enter Hell because of it. They said: How is that?

He said: He commits a sin then keeps thinking of it, and when he remembers that he regrets it, feels sorry, beseeches Allah, hastens to erase it and feels brokenhearted and humble before his Lord, and that removes self admiration and pride from him. Or he may do a good deed then keep thinking of it, talking about it, feeling proud of it and feeling arrogant because of it, until he enters Hell.”

End quote from Tareeq al-Hijratayn, p. 169-172

Comment

Enough as a punishment for sins is that they prevent you from worshipping Allah, even if you wanted to. - Ibn Al Qayyim.

Comment

Working...
                                X