Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: food for thought

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    “Do not look at a man’s prayers nor his fasts, rather, measure him by how well he deals with others, the compassion he shows his fellow man, his wisdom and his integrity.” — Umar ibn al Khattab (radhi’alla anhu)
    Spirit vs letter. Love this.

Comment

“If the heart is sick, the forbidden becomes attractive and obedience of God becomes something you look at with contempt.”
      — Ibn al Qayyim
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Things aren't always as they seem.

Umm-e-moosa was told to throw her son in the river
        Hazrat yusuf (a.s) was left to die in a well.
        Hazrat maryam delivered a child alone.
        Hazrat yunus (a.s) was swallowed by a fish
        Hazrat ibrahim (a.s) was thrown in the fire.

Yet look at how it turned out for them, in the end.

Allah always has a better plan for us,
        Things may not start off too Well,
        But the ending is usually better than we except.

If today you are facing hard times,
        Have faith and pray for a better tomorrow.

Miracles do happen when
        You seek guidance from Allah.

For he is all-knowing,
        All-wise & all-powerful.
        "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Three things can disparage woman; love of money, being fond of domination and being selfish. And three things can elevate her: sacrifice, trustfulness and virtue.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
            Three things can disparage woman; love of money, being fond of domination and being selfish. And three things can elevate her: sacrifice, trustfulness and virtue.
            Oh I love this. Dominant people are actually quite scary.

Comment

“Speech by itself is worthless,

unless it is followed by action.

Speech and action by themselves are worthless,

unless they have the right intention.

And speech, action, and the right intention are worthless

unless they agree with the Sunnah.”

[‘Abdullāh ibn Mas‘ūd]

Comment

Son of Adam; You seek the world as if your very life depended on it and you seek the Hereafter as if you have no need for it! You will acquire what you need from this world even if you don’t run after it, but you’ll only attain the Hereafter if you run after it.-Yahya ibn Mu’adh

Comment

If your heart is broken, know that He is Al Jabbar, the One who mends. If your heart is dead, know that the One who can give life to the dead body, can give life to your dead heart. - Yasmin Mogahed

Comment

‘In earning the world lies the disgracing of souls, and in earning the hereafter is its honour. How strange is that person who opts for disgrace in seeking that which shall perish over honour in seeking that which shall remain?' Abu 'Ali Rudhbari.

Comment

“Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.”
                      Ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

There's some truth behind "JUST KIDDING", some emotion behind "I DON'T CARE", some pain behind "IT'S OKAY" and some "I NEED YOU" behind "LEAVE ME ALONE"

Comment

This world (the dunyā) is [only taken as] a home by those who will have no real home [in Jannah], and it is the wealth of those who will have no real wealth, and it is gathered and collected for by those who have no real intelligence. (Ibn Mas'ud; reported by Ibn Abi Dunya in Dhamm al Dunya')

Comment

“The people of knowledge and understanding that I have met in our country, when one of them was asked a question on an issue, he would feel like one about to die. But the people of our own time love giving fatwa (without hesitation). Had they known what they are going to face tomorrow (in the Day of Judgement) they would not have done that. Umar, `Ali and ‘Alqama are some of the best Companions of the Prophet, yet when anyone of them was asked a question, he would consult his fellow companions before giving an answer. But it is unfortunate that fatwa has become the pride for the people of our time”.
                            Imam Malik ibn Anas.

Comment

If you want to marry this Dunyaa [life], then know that this life would never be satisfied until you give up your Deen as dowry

Comment

“The believer conceals and advises while the wicked individual exposes, condemns and humiliates.”
                                Fudayl ibn 'Iyaad.

Comment

Working...
                                X