food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: food for thought

Don't look down to people, you could be looking at someone who enters the Jannah before you.
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Imam Ahmad was asked, “When is there rest?”
      He answered, “When you put your foot in Paradise, you will find rest.”
      The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
        The sahaba used to do the sunnah because it was sunnah, we leave the sunnah because it is sunnah- Marwa Saad
        May Allah swt forgive us. I won't lie, my guard is down when doing Sunnah prayers (my prostrations may lack, my recitations may lack, my focus suffers). May Allah swt forgive us all for he is the most merciful

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
          May Allah swt forgive us. I won't lie, my guard is down when doing Sunnah prayers (my prostrations may lack, my recitations may lack, my focus suffers). May Allah swt forgive us all for he is the most merciful
          I used to struggle with them until I started making dua that Allah would make it easy to pray my sunnah
          Now I never miss them Alhamdulilah

Comment

A sign of a diseased heart is that one does not feel any hurt or pain when he commits evil deeds and sins.

Comment

After asking Allah to guide you to the straight path, don’t just stand there … start walking!

Comment

This dunya is like a shadow. If you try to catch it, you will never be able to do so. If you turn your back towards it, it has no choice but to follow you.
                -Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah

Comment

`Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) said, “Allāh has concealed two within two: He has concealed His pleasure in righteous acts, so one does not know which righteous act of his pleases Allah; and He has concealed His awliyā’ amongst His servants, so one does not know which servant of Allāh is His walī.”

Comment

How is possible for one's heart to be certain that one is going to meet Allah swt, that Allah swt sees and hears all that he does, and knows his secrets, and that he will be be made to stand before Allah swt, answerable for all his deeds - how can one be certain and aware of all this, and yet persists upon things which displease Allah: persists abandoning Allah's orders, neglecting His rights, and yet claims he has good expectation of Allah?

~Ibnul-Qayyim.

Comment

"Sisters, hijab is not a fashion statement, it is an act of worship first and foremost. Keep your modesty intact. May Allah guide us all."

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                        "Sisters, hijab is not a fashion statement, it is an act of worship first and foremost. Keep your modesty intact. May Allah guide us all."
                        Those hijabis look so stunning when they step out with those fitted outfits and makeup that highlight their features, Allahumma barik.
                        But if to me they look super model gorgeous then I could only imagine what goes through the poor Muslim guy's mind when he's trying hard to lower his gaze.

They need to cover up their beauty not only to keep themselves safe from the lustful stares and creepy thoughts of strange men but also to not bring out desires of practicing men.
                        Indeed we belong to Allah,
                        and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Originally posted by ninety1daisies View Post
                          Those hijabis look so stunning when they step out with those fitted outfits and makeup that highlight their features, Allahumma barik.
                          But if to me they look super model gorgeous then I could only imagine what goes through the poor Muslim guy's mind when he's trying hard to lower his gaze.

They need to cover up their beauty not only to keep themselves safe from the lustful stares and creepy thoughts of strange men but also to not bring out desires of practicing men.
                          its more of a fitnah than a pretty non muslim woman coz with non muslims you know they arent suitable (having no deen, drinks alcohol etc etc)
                          that being said i find it easier though alhamdulilah to lower my gaze compared with non muslims because i know that this is someone who has worth to Allah so i dont want to mess with him

Comment

If I were to backbite against anyone, it would be about my parents, for they have more right to my good deeds.

~Abdullah Ibn-Mubarak.

Comment

Say Alhamdulillah for the hardships that brought you back to Allah.

Comment

You don't know your future. But you know ALLAH, so trust ALLAH, because ALLAH has control over your future.

Comment

Working...
                                X