food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: food for thought

The heart, in its journey to Allah, Majestic is He, is like that of a bird: love is its head, and fear and hope on its two wings. When the head and two wings are sound, the bird flies gracefully; if the head is severed, the bird dies; if the bird loses one of its wings, it then becomes a target for every hunter or predator.—Ibn al-Qayyim
    Even in the belly of the whale there was hope.

Comment

Wealth should be viewed just like the toilet, in that you have need for it and resort to it when necessary, but it has no place in your heart.—Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

Ahmad ibn Yunus al-Yarbu’i said:

“Fudha’la Ibn Ubaid advised us saying: “If you can learn and not be known, do that; if you can listen and not talk, do that; and if you can sit and acquire knowledge from others, do that.’”

– Adh-Dhahabi “Siyar a’laam an-Nubalaa’”: 3/116

Comment

:salams

The world around you is crushing down.It's filled with suffering , anger, grief and jealousy.Hate has become our first repsonse and we wont waste a second to hunt the next down.
          When you feel like this world can never heal from destruction , remember that you were sent down on this earth for a reason.Worshipping Allah is not only limited to prayer or paying zakat but you are also obliged to serve humanity in the best way. Perhpas you can't help everyone but helping one creature could chnage your life for the better.
          When your sins has drowned you in the storm seek forgiveness and heal someone so that Allah may have mercy on you.When you are overburdned with sadnnes and depression , know that one of your answer is to help someone and make their life easier.

", a simple act of kindness bring such meaning
          A smile can change a life let's start believing
          And feeling, let's start healing
          Heal and you will be healed"
          Ya Allah,
          Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
          "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

• Even in the belly of the whale there was hope.

Comment

This whole religion revolves around knowing the truth and acting by it, and action must be accompanied by patience. - Ibn Taymiyya

Comment

Perpetually is the servant either the recipient of a blessing from Allah, in which case he is need of gratitude; or he is the perpetrator of a sin, in which case he is in need of repentance; he is always moving from one blessing to another and is always in need of repentance." - Ibn Taymiyya

Comment

“What is this world but a dream that a sleeper sees – he delights in it for a few moments, and then wakes up to face reality”. – Hasan Al-Basri

Comment

"What a wonderful thing to know Him (i.e Allah)! But how can one know Him but not love Him? How can one hear the caller but fail to respond? How can one know the profit to be gained in dealing with Him but still prefer others? How can one taste the bitterness of disobeying Him but still abstain from seeking the pleasure of obeying Him? How can one feel the severity of engaging in trivial speech, but fail to open your heart to His remembrance? How can one be tortured by being attached to others but not rush toward the bliss of turning to Him in repentance? Perhaps it is most surprising to know that while you are in need of Him, you are still reluctant to move toward Him because you seek others" -Ibn Al-Qayyim

Comment

"Whoever competes with you in your Deen [Religion], then compete with him, but whoever competes with you in your Dunya [Worldly Matters], then throw it to him"
                      -Imaam al-Hasan al-Basri

Comment

Those before you used to give
                        to their worldly affairs what
                        was left over from their pursuit
                        of the hereafter. But today you
                        give to the matters of the hereafter,
                        the leftovers from your pursuit of
                        worldly affairs. 'Awn ibn 'Abdillah.
                        Quoted by Abi Nu'aym in
                        Hilyat al `Awliya.

Comment

"Everyone who is taken by death asks for more time, while everyone who still has time makes excuses for procrastination." [Ali ibn Abi Talib]

Comment

Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr (rahmatullahi ‘alayh) narrates from someone of knowledge who said: “Learn to say, ‘I do not know’, and do not learn to say: ‘I know’. This is because if you say: ‘I do not know’, they will teach you till you know. But if you say, ‘I know’, they will continue questioning you till you have no answer.” Ibn ‘Abdil Barr, Jami’ Bayan al-‘Ilm, Vol 2, p. 55

Comment

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah(God) will never find anything to replace Him.
                              Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Comment

• Even in the belly of the whale there was hope.

Comment

Working...
                                X