Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: food for thought

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    "Repel the thought, for if you don't, it becomes an idea. So repel the idea; for if you don't it will become a desire. So fight against that (desire), for if you don't, it will become a determination and a passion. And if you don't repel that, it will become an action. And if you don't replace it with its opposite, it will become a constant habit. So at that point, it will be difficult for you to change it."
    - Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah
    SubhanAllah

:jkk:
    "Let the days do as they please
    And be optimistic when destiny decrees
    Do not despair due to the events of the past
    For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

"Choose everlasting joy over temporary enjoyment. "
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the thing you love, be persistent in doing the things He loves. — Ahmad Ibn Hanbal
        "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

"Sit with those who have sinned and repented, for they have softest of hearts". Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (RA)

Comment

Sufyan ath-Thawri RA said, "Man's love for the life of this world is shown in the way he greets people."
            [Look at a chaste poor man ... nobody talks to him. People greet him so warily as if fearing that he may pass poverty to them. But see how the people welcome a rich man, even if he does not perform prayer. They stand up with smiling faces, and each one hopes to greet him first. Note the difference between a man who is so great as seen by Allah and another who does not even weigh a mosquito's wing - but this is life.]

Comment

"He who enters the grave without provisions (good deeds), has, as if, he started swimming across the ocean without a vessel." Abu Bakr radhiAllaahu 'anhu

Comment

"The one who shows off has three characteristics: He is lazy when by himself, he is lively and energetic when with others and he increases in his actions when he is praised and decreases in them when he is criticised." Ali RA.

Comment

Stupid hand of mine. Why are you so quick to jump back when you touch something hot, and yet so quick to reach out to what will cause you to burn?- Ammar Alshukry

Comment

Once Hassan Al-Basri RA passed by a group of people who were laughing, joking, and entertaining themselves. So Hassan RA said, this is a month of racing, and we are in the middle of the race. Either you have won the race or you have lost the race (there is no way for us to know that we have won the race, especially in the middle, hence we have not won the race). If you have lost the race, what are you doing laughing?

Comment

Whoever wishes to purify his heart, then let him prefer Allah to his desires. — Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                        Stupid hand of mine. Why are you so quick to jump back when you touch something hot, and yet so quick to reach out to what will cause you to burn?- Ammar Alshukry
                        SubhanAllah

:jkk:

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Don't let people's compliments get to your head and don't let their criticisms get to your heart.

Comment

"Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness."

-Ibn Al-Qayyim

Comment

"We never know the quality of someone elses life, though we seldom resist the temptation to assume and pass judgement"

Comment

:jkk: this thread benefits me a lot Alhamdulillah

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Working...
                                X