food for thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: food for thought

You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

- Ibn Al-Jawzee
    What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?

We worry about tomorrow as if its guaranteed

Comment

Fudayl ibn `Iyad (rahimahullah) said, "A believer plants a palm tree and fears that thorns will grow. The hypocrites plant thorns expecting ripe dates to grow!"

Comment

It is related that Abu 'Uthman was once riding in the street when a pot
        of ashes was thrown down upon him. He dismounted, and prostrated
        himself to God in gratitude, and then brushed the ashes from his
        clothes without saying a word. 'Shall you not rebuke them?' he was
        asked, but he replied, 'A man who deserves hellfire but receives only
        ashes cannot fairly be angry'.

Comment

:jkk:
          If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"
          “Whoever turns away from my Sunnah has nothing to do with me.” (al-Bukhaari)

Comment

So show no concern for the praise of the one whose praise cannot adorn you in any way, nor for the blame of one whose blame can do nothing to disfigure or dishonor you. And seek the praise of the One in whose praise is all honor and in whose blame is all disgrace.

Comment

Every utterance that comes forth does so with the vestment of the heart
              from which it emerged.
              - Hikam of Ibn Ibn Ata'illah
              [Commentry] It is said, that the tongue translates what is in the heart.
              If the heart is confused or sick, so are the utterances. If the heart is
              wholesome and pure, then the utterances are real and appropriate. If
              you contemplate deeply what is being said, you will come to know the
              state of the speaker and the extent of his connectedness to the Truth
              and his position with Allah.

Comment

“Yearning for Allah and His meeting is like the gentle breeze blowing upon the heart, extinguishing the blaze of the Dunya. Whosoever caused his heart to settle with his Lord shall be in a state, calm and tranquility, and whosoever sent it amongst the people shall be disturbed and excessively perturbed.” - Ibn al Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Comment

Ibn Qudamah (rahimahumullah) once said that when one slanders you, you should be thankful that he spoke something about you which was untrue, for there are many blemishes on your account which are true which Allah hid from the world.

Comment

When you feel you cannot take it any more, complain to Him and Him alone, then wait patiently until he answers your supplication. Seek solace with the supplication of Yaqub (AS) over his son, Yusuf (AS), “Indeed I complain of my grief and sorrow only to Allah…” (Quran 12:86)

Comment

Al Awza'i: Whoever remembers death often will find a small amount enough for him and whoever includes his speech in his deeds will speak little.

Comment

"Shaytan rejoiced when Adam (peace be upon him) came out of Paradise, but he did not know that when a diver sinks into the sea, he collects pearls and then rises again."

~ Ibnnul-Qayyim

Comment

Umar Ibn Khattab (may Allah swt be pleased with him) said:

"I am not worried about whether my du'a will be responded to, but rather I am worrried about whether I will be able to make du'a or not. So if I have been guided by Allah to make du'a, then (I know) that the response will come with it

Comment

If Allaah SWT opens up a door for you no one can close it, if Allaah decides that he wants you to have something you’ll have it... When all the doors and avenues are closed for you and no one can help you, you know who to turn to because you want someone to open that door for you and someone who can help you and that someone is Al-Fattah (The Opener). He is waiting for you to come to him and to ask him, he will open up the door at the right time..."

~Shaykh Riad Ourzazi

Comment

One of the Salaaf said: "Beware of the life of this world because its magic is more effective than that of Harut and Marut. The two latter's separate a man from his wife whereas the life of this world separates a man from his Rabb."

Comment

"The Dunya is worthless to its Lord, and yet it belongs to Him. So it's not right that you value it so much, and it's not even yours!" (Yahya b. Mu'adh, Hilyat'l-Awliya', 14549)

Comment

Working...
                                X