No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practicing a little of the Sunnah is far better than practicing many (religious) innovations. ~ Ibn Masood (radiyAllahu Anhu)
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• Heal your hearts with the Quran. It is a medicine that doesn't expire, and removes from the heart whatever there is of stress, worry and sadness.

-Dr.Bilal Philips
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• When you see someone who seems to have a perfect life, understand that they too are tested by Allah, but their tests are probably private.

There are many people who go through tests that nobody knows about besides them and Allah.

So don't become jealous of anybody's life as they may be going through tests that you wouldn't be able to pass.

- Abu Muawiyah Ismail Kamdar

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• Ibn al-Qāyyim [رحمه الله] said:

❝Satisfaction is when a person submits himself to his Lord.❞

[al-Fawā'id, (Page: 175)]

Comment

• https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

• Ibn Qayyim-il-Jawziyyah:

"Sins have many side-effects. One of them is that they steal knowledge from you."

(ad-Da', p.65)

Comment

• The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
                    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Imam Shafi'ee rahimahullah.

There are four types of people in this world who enter a
                              conversation/ discussion:

1. One who knows not, and himself knows he knows not, is a
                              student. Teach that person.

2. One who knows, and others know he knows, is a teacher. Learn
                              from that person.

3. One who knows, and himself knows not that he knows, is
                              humble. Encourage him.

4. One who knows not, and himself knows not that he knows not,
                              is stupid. Avoid that person.

Comment

• All humans are dead except those who have knowledge; and all those
                                who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds; and
                                those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere;
                                and those who are sincere are always in a state of worry.
                                - Imam Shafi (rahimullah)

Comment

Working...
                                X