X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: food for thought

Narrated Abu Huraira (RA):
    Allah's Apostle (SAW) said,
    "The invocation of anyone of you is granted (by Allah) if he does not show impatience (by saying, "I invoked Allah but my request has not been granted.")
    Bukhari Vol. 8 : No. 352
    “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

The bigger the problem, the greater the lessons.
      The more patience that is required, the greater the reward.

-AbdulBary Yahya
      “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

“The believer in this world is like a stranger: he does not become upset when it puts him down, and he does not compete for it to make him honorable. The people are in a certain state, and he is in another state: the people are relieved of him, and he is exhausted of himself.” - al-Hasan al-Basri

Comment

“Whenever Allah, the Exalted prevents His believing servant from something during this worldly life, He will bestow upon him something which is better and more useful to him. It should be noted that this is only granted to the believers.” [al-Fawwaid]

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
            "We live in a strange world where the poor walk miles to get food,

and the rich walk miles to digest food."

- Mufti Ismail Menk
            nope, this was the norm then and now
            Muslims had a good few centuries of prosperity though, that culture in not dead either

Comment

Originally posted by Mohamed Mifxal View Post
              nope, this was the norm then and now
              Muslims had a good few centuries of prosperity though, that culture in not dead either
              for the working class a few generations ago like in the era my grandfather lived the concept of needing to go to the gym to work off calories was unthinkable
              work was physical and exhausting. i remember hearing a story about how on one job he did his boss uses to ask him how many sweat rags he had gone through, ie how hard he worked was shown by how many rags he had dirtied by wiping off sweat

Comment

• Man, this thread is amazing :D

Comment

“Be satisfied with whatever Allah grants you from this worldly life. Walking thereon is like walking in a land that is filled with beasts, and water that teams with crocodiles. That which causes delight, turns to be the source of grief. Pain is found in the midst of pleasures, and delights are derived from its sorrows. As a bird sees the wheat, so does one’s insight perceive polytheism, while vain desires render its holder blind.” [al-Fawwaid]

Comment

"You may spend your whole life trying to attain someone else's love only to realize that you became stronger and a better person without it. However, when it comes to the love of Allah you will only become stronger and a better person with it." Navaid Aziz

Comment

“When we wake up in the morning, we have two simple choices. Go back to sleep and dream, or wake up and chase those dreams.

Comment

Pay no attention to the whispers of Shaytaan.
                        He who worries about it falls prey to more.
                        Ignoring it is the way to repel it.

- Shaykh Shah Abdul Hamid Ishaaq

Comment

:jkk:

Comment

it's better to have many sins with correct tawheed than to have few sins with incorrect tawheed ibn taymiyya

Comment

Imam al-Shafi' in his final sickness said:
                              When my heart was hardened
                              and my courses constrained
                              I made my hope a stairway
                              to Your forgiveness
                              My sin burdened me heavily,
                              but when I measured it
                              by Your forgiveness
                              Lord,
                              Your forgiveness was the greater.

Comment

Never do I argue with a man with a desire to hear him say
                                what is wrong, or to expose him and win victory over him.
                                Whenever I face an opponent in debate I silently pray -
                                O Lord, help him so that truth may flow from his heart
                                and on his tongue, and so that if truth is on my side, he may follow me;
                                and if truth be on his side, I may follow him. - Imam Al-Shafi (rahimullah)

Comment

Working...
                                X