No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can success be achieved when the call to success is ignored? "Hayya alal Falaah!" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

• There is a saying that when a servant commits a sin and says ‘”my Lord, it was Your decree. You gave me power over it, you decided it for me & you wrote it for me’”, Allah, the Most High says ‘”you did it, you executed it, and you willed it and made effort for it. I am going to punish you for that”

but if the servant says, ‘”My Lord, I did wrong, made mistakes and transgressed. I did it myself”,’ Allah the Mighty says ‘”I decided and decreed it for you and I wrote it for you, but now I forgive you’”

source - page 15 tawbah turning to Allah in repentance ibn Qayyim
      https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

• O you, who spends his lifetime disobeying his Lord, no one amongst your enemies is wicked to you more than you are to yourself " -Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah
        The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

• The graves are full of people who thought that they would practice Islam when they became old. Old age is not promised to anyone.

- Brother AbuHafsah AbdulMalik Clare

Comment

• Don't rush your Salah for anything as you're standing in front of The One Who is in charge of whatever you are rushing for.

Comment

• Be grateful no matter what the calamities are. Remember, miracles can happen in seconds, only when Allah wills it. It can happen today, maybe tomorrow and maybe it will happen some other day. Allah says: give the glad tidings to the patient. So, be among the patient and help is just round the corner!"

--Shaikh Assim AlHakeem

Comment

• The cause of jealousy and ingratitude is that with regards to ourselves, we see only our trials--but not our blessings. But with regards to others, we see only their blessings--but not their trials. -Yasmin Mogahed

Comment

• You chase the dunya and its pleasures when the dunya was the punishment for Adam (alayhi salaam) - Hassan Al-Bassri

Comment

• If a person commits a sin and does not feel pain in his heart, then this is a sign Allah has deprived him of the greatest thing he can possess, and that is the knowledge of Allah, for sins are committed in proportion with your ignorance of the value of the One you disobey

Sheikh Abdul Aziz at Tarefe

Comment

• We often hear, life is short, better enjoy it

How about, eternity is long, better prepare for it

Comment

• Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

“What I fear for you is following your desires and hoping for a long life, for following one’s desires make the man ignore the truth and hoping for a long life makes him to forget about the long life.”

[Ali Ibn Abi Talib - radiyAllaahu 'anhu [Fath Al -Baari]

Comment

• "Allah’s planning is ever subtle, may not be immediately understood, but always wise." -AbdulBary Yahya

Comment

• The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

• "Sometimes the Almighty creates situations of distress to help us recognize Him, turn to Him, realize our wrongdoings, and become sincere."

-Mufti Ismail Menk

Comment

• "If you fail in your exams, there is always a next year. If you lose your spouse, there can be a second marriage, but if you die, there is no second chance. This life is only one opportunity."

Comment

Working...
                                X