No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can success be achieved when the call to success is ignored? "Hayya alal Falaah!" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?

We worry about tomorrow as if its guaranteed

Comment

• There is a saying that when a servant commits a sin and says ‘”my Lord, it was Your decree. You gave me power over it, you decided it for me & you wrote it for me’”, Allah, the Most High says ‘”you did it, you executed it, and you willed it and made effort for it. I am going to punish you for that”

but if the servant says, ‘”My Lord, I did wrong, made mistakes and transgressed. I did it myself”,’ Allah the Mighty says ‘”I decided and decreed it for you and I wrote it for you, but now I forgive you’”

source - page 15 tawbah turning to Allah in repentance ibn Qayyim
      https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

• O you, who spends his lifetime disobeying his Lord, no one amongst your enemies is wicked to you more than you are to yourself " -Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Comment

• The graves are full of people who thought that they would practice Islam when they became old. Old age is not promised to anyone.

- Brother AbuHafsah AbdulMalik Clare

Comment

• Don't rush your Salah for anything as you're standing in front of The One Who is in charge of whatever you are rushing for.

Comment

• Be grateful no matter what the calamities are. Remember, miracles can happen in seconds, only when Allah wills it. It can happen today, maybe tomorrow and maybe it will happen some other day. Allah says: give the glad tidings to the patient. So, be among the patient and help is just round the corner!"

--Shaikh Assim AlHakeem

Comment

• The cause of jealousy and ingratitude is that with regards to ourselves, we see only our trials--but not our blessings. But with regards to others, we see only their blessings--but not their trials. -Yasmin Mogahed

Comment

• You chase the dunya and its pleasures when the dunya was the punishment for Adam (alayhi salaam) - Hassan Al-Bassri

Comment

Working...
                  X