No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perpetually is the servant either the recipient of a blessing from Allah, in which case he is need of gratitude; or he is the perpetrator of a sin, in which case he is in need of repentance; he is always moving from one blessing to another and is always in need of repentance." - Ibn Taymiyya

"My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Comment

• What is done for Allah remains, and what is done for this world fades away.
            "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
              What is done for Allah remains, and what is done for this world fades away.
              It's kinda like the ayah: "Whatever you have will end, but what Allah has is lasting." (16:96)

Comment

• Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

It's kinda like the ayah: "Whatever you have will end, but what Allah has is lasting." (16:96)
                subhanAllah its amazing how often these quotes I post are relevant to my life. I got into quite a good routine with Ramadan wa lilahil hamd but today I spent the afternoon playing computer games. Keep thinking about this quote and how inshaAllah I should use my time more wisely

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

subhanAllah its amazing how often these quotes I post are relevant to my life. I got into quite a good routine with Ramadan wa lilahil hamd but today I spent the afternoon playing computer games. Keep thinking about this quote and how inshaAllah I should use my time more wisely
                  May Allah accept your ramadan efforts and make it easier for you to keep the momentum going - ameen.

Comment

• The servant who seeks the pleasure of Allah never abandons tawbah.
                    He remains in the state of tawbah until his death.

~Imam Ibn ul Qayyim rahimahuAllah

Comment

Comment

• I might read a hundred interpretations of one verse, but would still ask Allaah's guidance in its comprehension saying, 'Oh teacher of Aadam and lbraaheem teach me!' I would also go to the deserted masjids and ask Allah, 'Oh teacher of lbraaheem! Make me comprehend.'

Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

• "If a man's patience is stronger than his whims and desires, then he is like an angel, but if his whims and desires are stronger than his patience, then he is like a devil. If his desire for food, drink and sex is stronger than his patience, then he is no better than an animal" Ibn Qayyim Al Jawziyyah

Comment

• "Knowledge is that which benefits, not that which is memorized."
                            Imam Ash-Shafi'ee

Comment

• Imam Ibn Qayyim said, "For as long as the servant breathes, he requires Allāh's assistance, inwardly & outwardly. He is in complete poverty before Him."

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X