No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even in the belly of the whale there was hope.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• What is done for Allah remains, and what is done for this world fades away.
          Even in the belly of the whale there was hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
            What is done for Allah remains, and what is done for this world fades away.
            It's kinda like the ayah: "Whatever you have will end, but what Allah has is lasting." (16:96)

Comment

• Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

It's kinda like the ayah: "Whatever you have will end, but what Allah has is lasting." (16:96)
              subhanAllah its amazing how often these quotes I post are relevant to my life. I got into quite a good routine with Ramadan wa lilahil hamd but today I spent the afternoon playing computer games. Keep thinking about this quote and how inshaAllah I should use my time more wisely

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

subhanAllah its amazing how often these quotes I post are relevant to my life. I got into quite a good routine with Ramadan wa lilahil hamd but today I spent the afternoon playing computer games. Keep thinking about this quote and how inshaAllah I should use my time more wisely
                May Allah accept your ramadan efforts and make it easier for you to keep the momentum going - ameen.

Comment

• The servant who seeks the pleasure of Allah never abandons tawbah.
                  He remains in the state of tawbah until his death.

~Imam Ibn ul Qayyim rahimahuAllah

Comment

Comment

• I might read a hundred interpretations of one verse, but would still ask Allaah's guidance in its comprehension saying, 'Oh teacher of Aadam and lbraaheem teach me!' I would also go to the deserted masjids and ask Allah, 'Oh teacher of lbraaheem! Make me comprehend.'

Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

• "If a man's patience is stronger than his whims and desires, then he is like an angel, but if his whims and desires are stronger than his patience, then he is like a devil. If his desire for food, drink and sex is stronger than his patience, then he is no better than an animal" Ibn Qayyim Al Jawziyyah

Comment

• "Knowledge is that which benefits, not that which is memorized."
                          Imam Ash-Shafi'ee

Comment

• Imam Ibn Qayyim said, "For as long as the servant breathes, he requires Allāh's assistance, inwardly & outwardly. He is in complete poverty before Him."

Comment

Comment

• "If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the thing you love, be persistent in doing the things He loves."
                                Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal

Comment

Working...
                                X