No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ''It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is, better still to sit with the good than alone. It is better to speak to a seeker of knowledge than to remain silent; but silence is better than idle words.''
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• "Truly in the heart there is a void that cannot be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that cannot be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that cannot be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness."
        "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Comment

• Fudayl ibn `Iyad (rahimahullah) said, "A believer plants a palm tree and fears that thorns will grow. The hypocrites plant thorns expecting ripe dates to grow!"

Comment

• You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

- Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

• It is related that Abu 'Uthman was once riding in the street when a pot
                  of ashes was thrown down upon him. He dismounted, and prostrated
                  himself to God in gratitude, and then brushed the ashes from his
                  clothes without saying a word. 'Shall you not rebuke them?' he was
                  asked, but he replied, 'A man who deserves hellfire but receives only
                  ashes cannot fairly be angry'.
                  [Signs of good character]

Comment

• Ibn Qudamah (rahimahumullah) once said that when one slanders you, you should be thankful that he spoke something about you which was untrue, for there are many blemishes on your account which are true which Allah hid from the world.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• 'If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the thing you love, be persistent in doing the things He loves.'

~Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal rahimahullaah

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X