No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Allah’s planning is ever subtle, may not be immediately understood, but always wise." -AbdulBary Yahya
    “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

• "Truly in the heart there is a void that cannot be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that cannot be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that cannot be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness."
      “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

• “The believer in this world is like a stranger: he does not become upset when it puts him down, and he does not compete for it to make him honorable. The people are in a certain state, and he is in another state: the people are relieved of him, and he is exhausted of himself.” -*al-Hasan al-Basr

Comment

• “When we wake up in the morning, we have two simple choices. Go back to sleep and dream, or wake up and chase those dreams.

Comment

• Fudayl ibn `Iyad (rahimahullah) said, "A believer plants a palm tree and fears that thorns will grow. The hypocrites plant thorns expecting ripe dates to grow!"

Comment

• You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

- Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

• It is related that Abu 'Uthman was once riding in the street when a pot
                of ashes was thrown down upon him. He dismounted, and prostrated
                himself to God in gratitude, and then brushed the ashes from his
                clothes without saying a word. 'Shall you not rebuke them?' he was
                asked, but he replied, 'A man who deserves hellfire but receives only
                ashes cannot fairly be angry'.
                [Signs of good character]

Comment

• Ibn Qudamah (rahimahumullah) once said that when one slanders you, you should be thankful that he spoke something about you which was untrue, for there are many blemishes on your account which are true which Allah hid from the world.

Comment

• “Yearning for Allah and His meeting is like the gentle breeze blowing upon the heart, extinguishing the blaze of the Dunya. Whosoever caused his heart to settle with his Lord shall be in a state, calm and tranquility, and whosoever sent it amongst the people shall be disturbed and excessively perturbed.” - Ibn al Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Comment

• "This world is like a shadow, run after it and you will never be able to catch it, turn your back against it and it has no choice but to follow you."* ~Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

• 'If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the thing you love, be persistent in doing the things He loves.'

~Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal rahimahullaah

Comment

• And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.” ~ Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

• Imam ash-Shaafi`ee - rahimahullaah - said:

"When it comes to my provisions, I rely upon Allah, my Creator; And I know with certainty that He will no doubt provide for me. Whatever’s in my due, will not pass me by, Even if it were to be in the depths of the sea. Allah the Exalted will bring it forth by His Grace, Even if I were to remain silent over it. So, what... can a soul feel sorrow over, When the Most Merciful has set the provisions of the creation?"

Comment

• Thankfulness [shukr] is the conscious awareness of the fact that you are quite incapable of thankfulness.” - Abu ‘Uthman [al-Hiri]

Comment

• “Thankfulness [shukr] means that you do not look upon yourself as worthy of the gracious favor you have received.Verily, you will not arrive at pure freedom as long as you see any trace of your servitude to God emanating from yourself.” al-Junaid (RA)

Comment

Working...
                                X