No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone reported to Hasan Basri that a certain man was in his death throes. He commented: "He was in his death throes since his appearance on earth. He will now be released."
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• "Do not detest the misfortunes that befall you, for what you detest may be the cause of your salvation and what you like may be the cause of your ruin"

Al-Hasan Al-Basree
          "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• How can success be achieved when the call to success is ignored?

"Hayya alal Falaah!"

-
            Mufti Ismail Menk

Comment

• O you, who spends his lifetime disobeying his Lord, no one amongst your enemies is wicked to you more than you are to yourself " -Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Comment

• The chewer of Hamza's liver was forgiven.

And you still doubt the Mercy of The Most Merciful?

Seek forgiveness now, as your sins are not more than His Mercy! ♥

--Faizan Shaikh

Comment

• The graves are full of people who thought that they would practice Islam when they became old. Old age is not promised to anyone.

- Brother AbuHafsah AbdulMalik Clare

Comment

• Don't rush your Salah for anything as you're standing in front of The One Who is in charge of whatever you are rushing for.

Comment

• Ibraaheem ibn Faatik said: I heard Aboo Ya`qoob say:

"This world is an ocean, and the Hereafter is that distant shore, the boat to be traveled within is fear of Allaah, and the people are travelers within it."

(Siyaar A`laam an-Nubala, vol.15, p.282)

Comment

• The cause of jealousy and ingratitude is that with regards to ourselves, we see only our trials--but not our blessings. But with regards to others, we see only their blessings--but not their trials. -Yasmin Mogahed

Comment

• You chase the dunya and its pleasures when the dunya was the punishment for Adam (alayhi salaam) - Hassan Al-Bassri

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                              You chase the dunya and its pleasures when the dunya was the punishment for Adam (alayhi salaam) - Hassan Al-Bassri

SubhanAllah! :(

"Let the days do as they please
                              And be optimistic when destiny decrees
                              Do not despair due to the events of the past
                              For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

• Originally posted by Lavender View Post

SubhanAllah! :(

Wa iyaak sister Barak Allah fiq

Comment

Working...
                                X